ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daft basic question...

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Probably a really simple questions to answer, but I've never changed Pay Monthly mobile provider in my life, been with O2 since I was a nipper.

I'm looking to change provider this time, I don't get a signal at my desk from O2, my contract runs out in about 2 months, I only have to pay them £20 to cancel it. I've found a decent deal with Vodafone and get money off through work.

Would you cancel the contract you have before taking out the new one with the other company? How long will I be with a phone if I do so?

Also, the main thing is I want to keep my number, and I was told by O2 support that I need the new phone before they can give me my old number.

Thanks.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Do you have wifi at your desk? EE do wifi calls and texts, it's superb for where I get don't get signal at a few friends houses.

Whenever I've seen numbers been changed over think it's about 1 working day. Really is easy process.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Get your new contract then just ring up O2 and ask them for a PAC code to swap numbers over. You can then go on Vodaphones website and fill in an online form to switch it over or ring them. Takes upto 24 hrs but can sometimes be quicker. I did this when i got my iPhone 6 a few months back.