ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daigo Saito jump drift

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I saw this on another forum and said exactly the same as Dave. Jus' Rallyin'.

Disastra Coupe

Another, you've set me off just flicking through YouTube watching Vatenan etc now lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Turbos.
Don't know how you can't understand the skill involved though; the point is that the 'disruption' of his jump did not detract from the rest of the drifting sequence. It is a precision art. With rallying, you just correct the oversteer and move on, there is no indulgence. Top flight rallying may be more skillfull overall, but this is still some talent!

182cup & 172 racecar
No saying it's not skillfull Rob,and he's obviously talented,but they do get to get some practice,unlike a pacenoted rally driver.
I would say the 'disruption' actually starts his drift.

ph1 172
Why has Gigi Galli still without a drive in WRC!

Used to love watching him. Such a down to earth guy and funny but drives with a unique aggressive style :)

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
I do believe the original was a mistake, he lost control in the jump and started to spin out, but he saved it.

ph1 172
I know, would even make F1 exciting ;)

On another note, I need to ring you tomorrow to buy some front pads and genuine rear discs and pads

Disastra Coupe
I wasn't saying there was no skill either, just saying it's nothing new. The thing is with the rally boy's they're doing that sort of stuff at mental speeds in extremely tricky surrounding's and conditions. They deserve massive respect.

Turkish, that's awesome. Was watching some Manx clips earlier.

53 Clio's & counting
So like any stage, of any rally, but in some old Japanese shed?

Here's how to do it whilst surrounded by trees:

Another, you've set me off just flicking through YouTube watching Vatenan etc now lol.

I LOVE thesextwo vids.

GIGI Is a mentalist but every show and interview iv seen him do he is like a kid at x-mas, you can really tell he is having so much fun.

And then Colin - what can be said that already hasn't? The man was a ledgend, you could see in that vid he was flat out 150% - there was not a hint of worry, or backing off 'just in case' - he had one goal which was get that car to the finish as quick as he could - how he was Scandanavian flicking that car at 100mph is awe-inspiring, and the way he set it up for 2 or 3 corners ahead was just amazing - R.I.P. X

Last edited by a moderator:
  Disastra Coupe
LOL, that's one big chip on your shoulder.

Only told you that it's nothing new in the drifting scene either.

I admire your passion for your Jap motors and it's scene, it just seems you always have some sort of argument whenever somebody makes a negative comment about them. Get's a little boring to me personally.

Anyway, the video - nice skills, wish i could do it. I still have more respect for rally drivers but that's just me.