ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damaged/Repaired Cars

Would you buy a car with no service history??

Just been looking at a car with no service history, low miles, but the owner tells me its had a light frontal impact/repaired, though should be Hpi clear...

...its about 1k under list price, should I stay well clear or consider it?

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Sounds pretty much like when I bought my 172. Had 13,000 miles on the clock and hadnt had a service yet. The front bumper had been resprayed and I could find no other signs of any other respraying. The HPI was clear and it was about 1000 cheaper than any other 172s at the time.

If the car should have a service history...and there is no record Id get worried...just use your best judgement and maybe get a mechanic friend or the AA to check it out for you

I once went to see a 200 sx which had been in an accident with no service history. Was mint. Regret not getting it. Nice plum purple colour.

Hiya Guys, Just registered, although i aint gotta clio, i just had to reply to this post!!

Dont trust a HPI 100% i bought a R reg 106 GTi, and the car had nearly been wrote off and was put back on the road. Damage was so bad, some **** welded part of the wishbone support!! Anyway, i took the dealership to court over it, and ended up with a brand new 106 GTi!!! My advice, check it yourself or get someone to check it!!!! it aint worth the risk!

Willy2

As long as it drives straight and lines up well dont worry too much, but get it checked out by the AA, this will give you ammo to haggle the bad parts

if it was only a light smack then i wouldnt worry too much, but dont let them know that...show em your really concerned about it & get it cheaper !!

when i bought my clio 172 recently i thought everything was fine. no onme told me it had been in a smash. anyway i had like a surface layer of light surface rust appearing down the edge of the door and the botom. got it done at the bodyshop and they told me it was because at some point somthing had hit the side of the clio so the bodyshop that repaired it, whoever they were? put a new door skin on but they hadnt done a great job, everything looks fine now though, after they took the rust away.

it pissed me off coz no one told me it had had a light smash. be very weary when buying a used car, even from a dealership because its in their interests not to tell you.

With a new(ish) car like that 106 GTI, whats the history gonna tell you? That some garage somewhere has change the oil every now and then and maybe remove-inspect-replace (the old) brake pads???!!! Older cars fair enough, bit of history is nice...

Unless its got highish mileage and should have had a cambelt etc then go by condition-if its clean and straight have it!

Ive had so many 120k+ 205 GTIs and without a scrap of paper bar the log book and they go and go!

Yeah you gotta watch it! My mate has just bought a X Reg Corsa 1.2 16v... Paid 3k for it! No SH tho! The bloke said it was VCAR but didnt explain what that meant! Anyways he bought it! And it started creaking round corners! They wouldnt take it back tho! He eventually located it to a missing washer on the wheel! But it is a real bad condition.. can tell some parts are off older cars, been reprayed and had filler! Also drivers seat belt has a yellow warning bit of plastic sitting out of it.. does that mean its been used.. its a bit floppy too!

Any opinion on any of that?