ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

damaged rim (can this be repaired)

Just noticed today as i walked past the car a dent in the rim, not sure how iv done this as i haven't hit any kerbs, so i'm thinking maybe a pothole hidden in the snow.

well heres a pic.
f_IMGP0391m_82d238b.png

just wanted to know if this could be repaired or not and if it could and idea how much this will cost. I don't think the tyre is loosing any air either.

cheers Will

I aint a mechanic but to tell you the truth i wouldnt even bother faffing with something so small ... However if you just want it to look good, and not be able to see that lil dent then just take a block of wood and a hammer. Give it a few good smacks and'll be ok.

Sounds kinda barbaric i know, but it really is just that simple (the way i see it).

Disclaimer : The creator of this post reply will not be held responsible for any further damage of the rim in question, or any injury sustained during the course of applying the technique stated above (always gotta be safe):rasp:

Mk2 Clio dci
I'd say yes it can. I've seen 10x worse damages on rims that have been repaired. Our place uses a company called perfection alloys, they do some pretty good work.