ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Damp smell from climate control

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Hi folks, got a strange one. My climate control on my 172 has a damp and fusty smell coming from it. It started after I changed the washer pump for my windscreen.

I've tried using one if those air conditioning disinfectant things and it did nothing.

The smell goes away when I use recirculate or drive for 5 or some minutes.

Amy ideas?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
forever_alone-258x300.jpg

FOREVER ALONE!

Listerine & Poledo
I get this from time to time

Get one of the air-con cleanser bombs, from Halfrauds or similar.

Start car, air-con on Maximum warp & re-circ.

leave front seats tilted forwards.

Pull the pin on the can, set it on rear carpet, close door and leave it for 15 minutes.

TO being with you will be driving what smells like a chemists' clean room, but it soon settles down. No grim smell

One of these

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_224996_langId_-1_categoryId_165632

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I did worry about that. They weren't leaking when I last checked but I guess I can look again, taking the wipers off is a piss job.

Listerine & Poledo
I did worry about that. They weren't leaking when I last checked but I guess I can look again, taking the wipers off is a piss job.

when the garage did that to get my washer motor replaced, I wound up needing a new windscreen....they paid for that.