ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dangerous Immobiliser issue?!!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Had a little problem on the M4 earlier on, stuck in traffic for about half an hour and the revs drop suddenly and the car stalls. Wouldnt re-start and so had to push it onto the hard shoulder-from the outside lane, up a hill!

Engine was turning over fine, but simply wouldnt catch ... ended up with my girlfriend pushing me back down the M4 hard shoulder (whilst wearing high heals lol) and bump starting it in reverse. Was fine for 10 mins then we had the same problem again - except we couldnt bump it this time.

Left it for 20 mins, swore at it, locked/unlocked it a few times and it magically started again?

Any ideas, almost like its randomly immobilising itself as it didnt like the traffic jam lol. Any help appreciated, its done it twice now ... dont want it doing it whilst im doing leptons down the outside lane next time:S

F56 MINI Cooper S
when in slow moving traffic the revs die down and the engine turns off? this is what happend to my dads impreza, apart from that just turned straight on again. Only seemed to do it once on a journey though...

Ph1 172 + Combo van
does your immobiliser light flash when you try and re-start it?

Mine has a problem with the immobiliser and sometimes doesnt start. instead i just get the red immobiliser light flashing. it has never cut out in traffic though.

i had the exact same problem when i first got my clio, car would turn over but would refuse to start

in the end called the rac out, all he did was point they key blip at the roof or something and it started? was very strange and quite embarrasing

oh and a week later my battery died so may be connected with that, how old is your battery?