ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dark Blue Clio 1.2 Mk2 PH1

DCI Extreme
Yeah it was easy enough, no modification at all. Just make sure you disconnect the battery if you're going to attempt it – don't want the air bag going off in your face!

DCI Extreme
Some more pics for you guys :D

Front fogs:
577290_10151071668870395_1808580901_n.jpg

PH2 steering wheel and fog light switch (blue switch on right):
380637_10151071669070395_323755597_n.jpg

292406_10151071669205395_316614589_n.jpg

So that's my little Clio to date. Not much more i'd like to do I don't think ... wouldn't mind dual optics but am not willing to spend the money just yet; also was thinking instead of painting the bump strips I might get some blue carbon vinyl wrap and wrap them instead. What does everyone reckon? Any other suggestions welcome too :)

Rs200
would you mind putting a wiring diagram or explaining how to wire the fogs iwould like to do that, and with the ph2 wheel, howdo i go about removing the airbag and are the airbag connections the same?

DCI Extreme
Okay, for the fog lights I used this image (though bear in mind it was my Dad that actually did it);

foglite.jpg

I believe he connected wires to the fog light wires, which he ran through a relay (as on the diagram above) connecting them to the battery and to a switch, though I can't be much more detailed than that i'm afraid.

As for the steering wheel, as I said before you need to disconnect the battery so there are no electrics in the car, then unscrew the two screws that are on the back of the steering wheel – these hold the air bag in place. Once unscrewed, the air bag middle should come away from the wheel, you then need to disconnect the wiring at the back of this to remove it completely. The wheel is attached to the steering column by a large torx (not sure if i've spelt that right) screw. Once this is unscrewed the wheel will come away, then you can attach the new wheel (ensure it's aligned properly), fit the wire to the new airbag middle, and I believe the PH2 middle just clips into place. Reconnect the battery, check the air bag light isn't on (and that the air bag hasn't exploded) and you should be good to go.

Be careful though, I don't want to be the source of a nasty accident! As with the fog lights, my Dad fitted the steering wheel for me but I managed to get a better grasp of what he was doing as it didn't concern connecting wires to relays and the like. However I would get someone who knows what they're doing if you're unsure, like I did. Hope this helps!

DCI Extreme
Latest update: have bought some paint, primer, lacquer etc and am going to colour code my bump strips (when this incessant rain fecks off). Will keep you updated and post some pics when i've done! :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Great little first car imo! So much better than the chav boxes you see driving about.

But if it was mine, I wouldn't bother colour coding it, but I would spend some money on some decent and drurable trim restorer as its looking a little tired.

Clio
looks good mate keep up the good work :).. tbh id get it cc'd and dual optics. heres a pic off mine in the same colour so you can see :D

car033.jpg

1.4 alize grey 01
Looking good mate! Thinking about buying a MK2 PH1 myself, off to look at a car tomorrow. The subtle touches have made all the difference! Definitely consider lowering it 40mm though pal. :p

DCI Extreme
Nice wee project this, very tidy car for £350!

Cheers mate :)

Great little first car imo! So much better than the chav boxes you see driving about.

But if it was mine, I wouldn't bother colour coding it, but I would spend some money on some decent and drurable trim restorer as its looking a little tired.

Hmm not come across trim restorer till now, might look into it! Cheers!

looks good mate keep up the good work :).. tbh id get it cc'd and dual optics. heres a pic off mine in the same colour so you can see :D

car033.jpg

Mate that looks absolutely fecking awesome, love how it looks colour coded! Been looking at getting some dual optics but no luck as yet :( You got a progress thread? Would love to see :)

Looking good mate! Thinking about buying a MK2 PH1 myself, off to look at a car tomorrow. The subtle touches have made all the difference! Definitely consider lowering it 40mm though pal. :p

Cheers man, yeah have been told to lower it a few times but not sure if it'd work, when I put the wheels on they rubbed on the inside of the arch, so lowering could bring the problem back ... :S

BG 182 FF
It's looking good mate! Get the colour coding done! And maybe lows just to smarten it up, Im going to have to keep an eye on this ;)

DCI Extreme
Cheers dubby, colour coding is in progress :) As for lows, might leave that and put the money towards a better car at a later date :p

DCI Extreme
So, it's been a while but i've finally got my door strips colour coded and managed to clean my baby up for some photos :)

549661_10151112959790395_801874925_n.jpg

599569_10151112960055395_632986286_n.jpg

And there we have it! Not too bad IMO :)

Rs200
looks good mate if you wanna colour cos yourself its very easy, just scotch bright the plastic, 2pac or filler prime 500 grit flat and paint and laquer sorted :)

low ph1
How did you set about colour coding the side strips mate? looking at doing them on mine.

Your car looks good btw, can't beleive how tidy she is for £350!

DCI Extreme
Took them off, cleaned and primed them, several coats of paint and lacquer and they were done :) Oh and thanks :D

Grande 1.2
hey man, when you fitted the switch for the foglights to the panel near the headlight adjuster, how did you remove the panel? i thought it was a matter of taking the whole unit out? does it just unclip with some persuasion?

DCI Extreme
Erm I believe it will unclip or something like that, my Dad actually did it but he definitely didn't remove the whole unit.