ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash clock stopped working

Clio 3 dci
On my 2008 plate Clio the radio works fine, but the centre dash display doesn’t always come on and the steering wheel controls also stop working when the display is off.

When the dash is working the clock never updates and doesn’t remember the previous time after the engine being off.

Which fuses do I need to check?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Is the clock off completely? Nothing at all on it?

Mine faded at one side on the 182 - so that only half of the display was visible. With any form of backlight coming into the car itself, I couldn't see anything on there.

A few months later, I ended up replacing the battery and instantly the clock was fully visible again. Additional things like the headlights seemed a lot brighter too. My battery must have slowly been dying but it was not giving any other obvious signs like struggling to start the car, etc.

I believe that to get to the clock on the Mk2 Clio - it's a dash out job, so I was pretty relieved that it was something so easy to fix!

Clio 3 dci
The clock is on but doesn’t change time.

The whole display and steering wheel controls are either all on or all off.

Clio 3 dci
Switched the car on.

Radio worked but no centre display.

Turned off the radio and back on. Display then came back on and the clock also updated the time rather than being stuck.

Will monitor!

Clio 3 dci
Centre dash now works fine but the clock is always losing time and running slow.

Anyone else had this?