ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash Illumination?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Hello all, have spent a lot of time looking on here over the last 6 months but dont post much.
Im hoping that some one may be able to help, i have a problem with the illunmination of my dash board. Car is a 2000 ph1 172.
as you turn on the headlights the dash should illuminate ie the lights behind the speedo and the rev counter, at this time the digi display for the odometer and radio should dim .
However my car has stopped doing this, the speedo and revs still work but at night i cant see amy of them, the illumination for the heater controls has also quit.
all of the engine warning lights still work, as well as the green and blue lights that show that you have turned your headlights on.
i have checked the fuses, cant see any blown ones.

Any one got any ideas ... get stuck into the stalk switches with a multimeter? see if thats the problem?

thanks
Graeme