ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash light on when braking?

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Only noticed this last night. Could have been happeingin for a while but as said I only noticed it last night.

The rear fog light dash light (if that makes sense?) comes on dimly for a split second when I initially hit the brakes. Got out and checked that my fogs werent coming on when I braked etc and everything seemed fine. Just wondering why the lights coming on? Its one of those small things thats gona annoy me now :(

(PS I know its French so thats not an acceptable answer)

Thanks Steven

Mine did it once. Took the rear lights off, got a hair dryer on them to dry them out and screwed them back in securely to try and make certain it was a water tight seal.

Didn't have any issues after that.

Few threads on this (i should know i made one ;))

Take the rear lights out, Unplug the clusters, Take the clusters out the light units (unclip), Take th bulbs out, Soak the metal contacts in WD40 then leave for 10 mins.. Wipe excess oil out.

Reverse process, Worked well for me, No more flickering dash light.

My megan used to flash the brake lights when I indicated and put the indicators on when I braked!

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Cheers for that guys^^ :)

Only started happening the other night when it was really wet as far as I know. I'll try that and see if it works.

Cheers,
Steven