ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash lights on after bearing change

Clio 182
As title says, i took my o/s front hub off the other day to get The bearing replaced, couldnt unscrew the abs sensor( think its abs sensor anyway the only electrical part attached to the hub) so i pulled back the s**t guard and unplugged the two pin connector so i could take the hub to the garage to get bearing pressed.
Fitted hub back on and plugged the wire back in making sure the two embossed lines matched up.
Now the abs traction and serv light is on the dash , sometimes its off but when i brake the abs will kick in and shortly after they come back on.
Any remedies for this and possible causes?
Ive not touched the abs ring and had no problems before i swapped the bearing etc.
Also the cruise control and speed limter still works.
Thanks in advance

dan's cast offs.
Of there is no fault present then no light.

Get it plugged in, if it's not a bad connection then might be unlucky and sensor might of been damaged when they've done the bearing.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
ASk if they used heat when pressing the bearing? I had do that on mine and it damaged the sensor.
Best thing anyway is to get a new sensor as they arent expensive. and don't take long to replace if your not concerned with damaging the old one.