ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash tweeters

Can anyone help,

The in dash tweeters in my 2001 clio have crossovers, I presume these are attached at the tweeter and not in-line in the wiring. I have replaced the door speakers with some good co-axs, will all of the signal be getting to my new speakers or will it be getting filtered to the original tweeters?

Also, how do I get into the tweeters in the dash, the small round cover seems to turn but Ive tried to prise it off and it feels like it will break?

Any help appreciated.

take the dash out far as i know, thats all u can do i think, better off takin it to get it done in a shop, then if they mess up its their problem, lol, sure they wont thou :confused:

Matt

Keep prising it. Done it (well a friend did) in two dymaniques and they come in the end. Keep twisting and prising.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

You will need to get the dash out!!!!

If the xOvers are the same as my originals then there is only a capacitor across the contacts. If you look at the back of the plug socket for the door electrics you will find the tweeter wires are paralled off the speaker wires.

Check out the How Toos to find a step by step to get your dash out. Its on a 172 but cant be that different.

Got a local iCE dealer to do mine...£20 worth it!