ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash update - Flocked Dash, Dash strips, Steering wheel buttons

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Just some snaps of my latest additions.
Dash was a blacksheep flocking ebay bargain, dash strips are Spray shack and steering wheel button brackets are home made. :)

20150819_190947_zpsho1rhu95.jpg

20150819_190952_zpsfclfgmku.jpg

20150819_191009_zpsajzr15og.jpg

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Did take a few weeks to arrive as they messed up shipping, but had the a pillars off them a few weeks before which arrived fine.
Quality and bargain (auction) price made up for the tardy arrival.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good buddy!

Love the fact you decided to fit them whilst it was lashing it down! I got drenched just walking from your house back to my car!

Clio 182 Track Car
Looked really good quality and looks the part fitted too. How many horsepowers does the flocking add?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I almost won one on ebay the other day. Missed it by £2.
Bet it was one of you guys... b******s :)

Are they easy to remove/refit?
Going to be the next mod on mine.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Very easy to fit.
A pillars off, steering cowl top off, 2 torx bolts behind that, Dash strips off, 5torx bits behind them. 3 torx to air vents, 2 plastic clips to either side where door shuts. Sharp pull towards you and it's off.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going for the top and bottom dash in black. A pillars and steering cowling in anthracite and the gearstick surround black.

Can you tell me, does the top dash come with the bits down the side of the stereo?
Also, is the storage tray thing in the middle of the top dash (middle of windscreen) also covered in flock?

Cheers.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Lower dash is a mission to remove, litterly the whole cockpit has to be dismanted!
Rob @Diesel Davis , @KrisRS182 and I were discussing this only yesterday and erred towards thinking you can go to far and the whole das0s and consul may be overkill. All down to personal preference though.
Top dash comes to just below vents, just above hazard switch. Sides of stereo are part of lower dash. Tray/ recess has been coated with the rubber grip in place, so flock/adhesive is over top of rubber.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
If I was paying full price I would go for a different shade to more closely match the original dash, there FB page shows loads of colours. But doing the cheap ebay auction route restricts the choice!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
They quoted me £125 for the whole dash and steering cowling if I collected it so I'm expecting it to be under £100 for just the top.

Tbf, I could probably do it myself.