ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dashboard Lights

Have owned and loved my 172 for 6 months now with out any problem (touch wood) until today TWO things have happened. 1st a crushed drinks can hit by the car in front bounced off my bonnet and has put down a set of scratches but more worring after going over yet another speed bump (where do they all come from?) my airbag light and service light have come on. Has this happened to anyone else? The car has covered 33500 miles and was last dealer serviced at 24000. I believe a major service is due at 36k, will the service light indicate this when due?

Cheers

The airbag and service lights coming on is a common fault, its the connector under the passenger seat. Renault Leicester fixed this fault on mine by removing the connector and soldering the wires together, been fine ever since.

Chris.

The service light indicates when the car needs to go in for none service items I believe.

As Chris said it is a commpon problem all Clios have. Renault know it needs to be redesigned but since the cars only going to be in production for a year or so they dont fix the problem and pay under warently (assuming the cars under warently still) to fix the problem by soldering the wires together.

You can see the cables under the passenger seat move them about and the light will go off. But it will need fixing by Renault (takes aboit 20 mins)

EDD