ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Day One of Wet Sanding Tuition with Kelly at KDS...

For that level of tuition and doing your own car under Kelly's watchful eye? Wish I'd spent it on that rather than a remap for a few extra horses now!

Megane R26
I don't think he will normally do it on your own car tbh, this is a bit of a one off and a trial for next year.

Facinating stuff this, would love to Aquire these Skills.

On a side note...You keeping the S3 now then JD?

Just had the mirrors ripped off and paint scratched. So no. It's not worth it in London. It'll be up for sale in the New Year when the weather gets better and I can clean it up a bit.

Megane R26
This just about sums it up...

6523800469_6594666ab0_z.jpg

DSC02098 by RussZS, on Flickr

Meg 225
OMG Russ, that's a STUNNING result! On the pic it looks like the reflection in your car is sharper then the car itself lol!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Had a chance to look at how bad the damage was from the drive home yet Russ? Hoping you hadn't already done the front bumper?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
scuse my ignorance but with the sanding on the car are you not missing the edges of the pannels and just concentrating on the middle? or have you just not pictured the edges being done?

loioks epic tho to be fair! would love to have the sack to do this to my car!

Megane R26
The bumper is split a bit, but not too bad. Kelly is going to sort it for me luckily! We still need to do the roof, boot and bumpers!! I'd say it needs 5 days to do this to an average sized car.

Megane R26
scuse my ignorance but with the sanding on the car are you not missing the edges of the pannels and just concentrating on the middle? or have you just not pictured the edges being done?

loioks epic tho to be fair! would love to have the sack to do this to my car!

It's purely a time thing due to the caution and finesse required around the panel edges, both sanding and polishing. Kelly would do this normally and I intend to when I have more time. 3 days isn't enough for this tbh...

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It's purely a time thing due to the caution and finesse required around the panel edges, both sanding and polishing. Kelly would do this normally and I intend to when I have more time. 3 days isn't enough for this tbh...

makes sense, i thought that might be the issue but i thought id check :)

can see me ending up doing this to my car lol

Megane R26
Yeah, completely gutted!! It's only a small crack, Kelly is going to sort it for me luckily

Russ.

Megane R26
Typical... but I now have an excuse to go back and I can get my wheels done at the same time! :)

Just read the first DW thread for the BM as well. Epic finish. Also I know he only removed a total of 10microns (on average) but I would literally sh*t bricks taking p1200 to my paint work, let alone anyone else's!!

Fantastic results all round and loving that M3 a bit too much! Just found the second thread to get stuck in to!