ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DB Audio sub’s

Hi

That depends on which version you are looking at. If they are the cheaper Raptor versions then they arent very good to be honest. The voicecoils arent very strong and tend to give up very easily. However if they are ther T-Rex versions then they are very good subs which i think retail at about £250 each for the 12s. However for that kind of money you could get a lot better. It depends how much you are getting them for i suppose.

Hope this helps

Russ (Evil ICE CAR Audio)

www.evilice.freeservers.com

Audi S3

it was the raptor 800w 15" in box and Legacy LA 490 600w amp
£250.

If this aint that good what would u recomend for the same sort of price?

was also looing at a 15" rocford fosgate 800w 15" and pioneer amp for £330.

Any help is much apreciated

Matt

Hi

The Legacy amps are shocking. you would have trouble powering a hairdryer with one of those.

For that sort of price range you could get the following:

Directed Audio Pro+ 15" DVC Subwoofer
Rockford Fosgate 250M Amplifier
15" Sub Box
Total: £339

This amp will give a lot more power than the pioneer and enable you to add another sub in the future as it is 1Ohm stable. If you went for a different amp you would have to buy another amp if you added another sub.

These prices are all through Evil ICE

Russ

(Evil ICE Car Audio)
www.evilice.freeservers.com

The directed subs are very good. If you went to Doncaster this year, there was a blue 106 there with 4x 15" Directed subs the same as the ones that i have priced up. They were being run off a couple of Directed 1100d amps and he was knocking out about 14b...not bad at all.

The specs on the subs are as follows:

Dual 4Ohm Voicecoils
350Watts RMS (600 Watts Peak) they will take much more though
60Oz Magnet
90db Efficiency
12mm X-Max
used for both SQ and SPL applications

in other words top notch for the cash. That Rockford amp would give it about 320 Watts RMS and about 470 Watts RMS @ 1ohm with another sub on it...for future upgrades

Let me know if you are interested in purchasing anything or would like more details.

thanks

Russ (Evil ICE Car Audio)