ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DC / ED what do they mean?!?!

D

dick

dc means designed for digital on sigma, god knows what ed means, on olympus, no-one uses those.

lol just playing dude,
ED proly means a similar thing to the dc.

1.8 Civic EX
dc means designed for digital on sigma, god knows what ed means, on olympus, no-one uses those.

lol just playing dude,
ED proly means a similar thing to the dc.

lol tell me about it

so it's nothing realy major, just the manufactures adding letters to names to make them look good.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
As he said...Nikon use ED, Sigma use APO, leica use APO etc.
http://www.nikon-image.com/eng/LensGuide/opt_tech.html
It is a coating in the glass, usually the more expensive lenses.
It is there to help eliminate Aberations.( purple or colour ghosting artefacts) and improve contrast ratio's
Put 2 lenses side by side from the same brand...1 with ED and 1 without......the 1 with ED will be 2/3rds more costly.

The new 'BUZZ" word on the market now is "NANO CRYSTAL COATING" just means better glass.

Isn't ED Extra-low Dispersion? As in the glass

Last edited:
  Tangoed Works
planet x - which websites / forums do you use to keep on top of photography stuff mate?

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I don't really.

I work as a Photographer and surrounded by 5 other Photographers every single day!!!!!...you tend to not want to bring work home.

this is the only forum I use