ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DC5 Type-R... £2,580

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   1
  Astra VXR
Dodgy!?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...s12aq&zero-to-60=fast&price-to=3000&logcode=p

It's a Cat-D and has different bumpers all round... could have been a front and rear crash?

I don't think the wording matters too much as 2007 is when it was imported. AutoTrader might consider Type-R's 1.8's seeing as though the DC5's are import only.

If I got it, I'd have to source original bumpers (don't mind copies) there's not much on eBay... hard to come by and expensive? Wondering if it's all worth it at the end of the day. There's another Cat-D on Gumtree for £5k.

It says only 2 owners and FSH which is good, but shame about the up and coming MOT and lack of general information! There's no way to actually find out what happened with a Cat-D status is there?

Whatcha think?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems dodgy. My car check finds it easy enough and show's as a 2.0. I don't know why AT would be any different.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   1
  Astra VXR
Really like that, and the bumpers. How'd you know its a cat d?

It says so under the price.

Well maybe he got the advert wrong when selecting car type... but he clearly knows it's a 2.0 as stated in the description. I wondered if it was a 'fake' Type-R at first, but everything seems to tally up okay. One thing though, when searching on HPI it says 'Integra R' rather than Type-R... that's not an actual (lesser) model is it!? As @Ade T says, it's got the right engine under the bonnet.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My V5 says 'Integra R', I wouldn't worry about that - depends who was on shift in Swansea the day it was registered.

Chassis number should be DC5-1000001 for PFL, DC5-2000001 for late PFL, and DC5-2100001 for facelift.

Every automated car DB out there has them as something different.

Check the block to make sure its 'K20A' not 'K20A2'.

It's f**king cheap though, worth more than that in just parts.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  mk1 Octavia VRS
Looks like a proper type R from the engine and interior. Wouldn't worry about the V5. Autotrader says it's only 5 miles from me.

Seems very cheap if the engine/gearbox are sound but if you want to put it back to standard then body parts will be hard to come by and expensive. I reckon there must be something else significantly wrong with it at that price.

If you go and look at it definitely make sure it has the DC5 engine & gearbox (K20/217bhp/LSD), not EP3 ones (K20A2/200bhp/no-LSD).

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   1
  Astra VXR
Looks like a proper type R from the engine and interior. Wouldn't worry about the V5. Autotrader says it's only 5 miles from me.

Seems very cheap if the engine/gearbox are sound but if you want to put it back to standard then body parts will be hard to come by and expensive. I reckon there must be something else significantly wrong with it at that price.

If you go and look at it definitely make sure it has the DC5 engine & gearbox (K20/217bhp/LSD), not EP3 ones (K20A2/200bhp/no-LSD).

How would I tell mate is there anything obvious to look at in the bay? It's a 3 hour round trip so got to think about it...

Am I a risk taker :astonished:

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I cant believe your all even discussing it.
Its obviously a fake scam one for them to get your money.
And the tiny possibilty it wasnt, it would be sold within 5 minutes of listing it, lone before this discussion took place.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  mk1 Octavia VRS
How would I tell mate is there anything obvious to look at in the bay? It's a 3 hour round trip so got to think about it...

Am I a risk taker :astonished:
Engine code is stamped on the block. Not sure how easy it is to check the gearbox code, must be info online somewhere though (and it's probably the same on a EP3).

It's a common scam to advertise cars at silly cheap prices but they are usually 3 year old Audi A3s for £4000 on Gumtree. Shouldn't be that hard to work out if the seller & car are genuine or not by asking the right questions...

Also noticed that the ad says the MOT expiry is December 2016 which is impossible as the most it could have is 13 month (16th November 2016). I also looked up the reg and it has no MOT/tax. So that's a lie on the advert and means no test drives - going to be hard to check the gearbox for knackered syncros.

I don't think I'd do a 3 hour round trip to see it - probably be a waste of time.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   1
  Astra VXR
Well to be fair I'm currently on the hunt for a car so am visiting AT/eBay/PH daily... and this only popped up today.

Looks different to a scam in that they are usually mint examples; this is rough round the edges and it shows (I personally don't mind cars like that usually)

However I am slightly edging away from it. I saw a Mini Cooper S the other day that looks really nice, and it's totally standard from a garage. I've only got time to visit one car this weekend.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
Gotta love how they've drilled holes and used a couple of cable ties to hold the front bumper on.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
Most i've spoken with have felt underwhelmed by them, which is dissapointing :(

OT; as an import, and a CAT d. I'd personally avoid..

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   1
  Astra VXR
Yeah... so I've booked a look at the Mini instead, just too many things not on point with the DC5. Someone may get a bargain though :)

PS: Any idea how to log in to the HPI website!? I paid for 3 checks in bulk a while back, used 1 so have 2 remaining, but can't see a way to log in and use them.