ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M135i - Attempt Number 2

Pull the other one lad, they work well for me as the side walls are stiff, much stiffer than the PS4S tbf. Lots of progression when on the limit wet and dry.

Cups 2s are in a different league but not suited for a 2 ton estate.

Edited to add, fyi the PS4 was not a replacement for the MPSS, it was the less focused of the two, if you wanted a more focused tyre you would stick with the MPSS. However the PS4 is available in smaller sizes which in my case, works out well for the M3 running 17” alloys.
Everyone’s different I guess. But I had PSS on the M135i and they were replaced with PS4 which were miles better in the wet and no discernible difference in the dry.

On my M4 I went from PSS to Cup 2 and the Cup2 just makes it evident just how s**t the PSS are for steering feel. The car was noticeably more direct, and the wet grip is still pants, but it’s worth it for the extra communication.

Long story short. PSS are s**t and you should either go PS4 (S or otherwise) or Cup 2 if you want Michelin. PSS aren’t even the cheapest.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Everyone’s different I guess. But I had PSS on the M135i and they were replaced with PS4 which were miles better in the wet and no discernible difference in the dry.

On my M4 I went from PSS to Cup 2 and the Cup2 just makes it evident just how s**t the PSS are for steering feel. The car was noticeably more direct, and the wet grip is still pants, but it’s worth it for the extra communication.

Long story short. PSS are s**t and you should either go PS4 (S or otherwise) or Cup 2 if you want Michelin. PSS aren’t even the cheapest.
I still disagree over the comments for the PSS however I do agree that the PS4S are leaps ahead which they will be due to natural progression in tyre tech as time has moved on. Once my current set have worn out I will move up to the PS4s but as it’s a daily I won’t be touching the cups.

M135i/Eunos/Herald
I'm running the new Eagle F1s on mine. They seem great in all conditions so far but do wear quite fast. But then again coming from the e91 on run flats I'm used to that!

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
  M3 CS / 1/29 PB 182
PS4S is the best tyre on the market for an all rounder. No where near the steering feedback of a semi slick with a motorsport carcass but it’s characteristics in wet and dry are mind blowing..

I do like these M lites, I just prefer naturally aspirated engines. For an all rounder I’d take one of these over a Golf or an RS3 without a doubt!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Converted Van

I complained from new that an LSD would really compliment my 220 Trophy as I was suffering from the front end washing out mid corner, 10k miles on the clock the front SuperSports were shot so I replaced them with a pair of PS4 (reluctantly, I wanted to keep it on supersports) and they were night and day!i had heard that PS4 would be better in the wet and much the same in the dry but the difference was frightening!

Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
PS4S is the best tyre on the market for an all rounder. No where near the steering feedback of a semi slick with a motorsport carcass but it’s characteristics in wet and dry are mind blowing..

I do like these M lites, I just prefer naturally aspirated engines. For an all rounder I’d take one of these over a Golf or an RS3 without a doubt!
Totally agree. I have them on the TT and it has amazing grip in both wet and dry.