ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI 1 year on.....

Discounted 1*2 parts
So 1 year and 24,000 miles on from starting this project I thought I'd make a quick summary of the progress so far :)

Day 1 - standard

P1020100.jpg

P1020089.jpg

To this

P1030756.jpg

P1030774.jpg

Mods so far
  • Full 172 bodykit inc front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts and front wings
  • 15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2
  • Vmax coilovers
  • 172 subframe, wishbones and driveshafts
  • 172 front brake conversion
  • Colour coded door handles and door mouldings
  • Civic Type R aeiral
  • Rear silvervision bulbs
  • RS grille
  • Cup splitter
  • Megane washer jets - to be fitted
  • RS200 steering wheel
  • Flame Red dash inserts
Still to do:
  • Rear disc conversion
  • Rear silvervisions
  • 3/4 front plate
  • Cup spoiler
  • Xenon's
  • RS interior

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looks good that, don't see the point in the hassle of a rear disc conversion myself though.

Also get the black stickers for the front bumpers, grinds my gears having those missing.

Discounted 1*2 parts
Looks good that, don't see the point in the hassle of a rear disc conversion myself though.

Also get the black stickers for the front bumpers, grinds my gears having those missing.

I've got all the parts for the rear disc conversion so its just being bothered to do it! I'm only doing it for the look tbh - and also the rear shoes are aproaching 100k old so rather than replace them, I'll fit the rear discs

I love everything about this. Would really like a DCI like that to use everyday!

Thanks - love your motor just as much!!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One

Should of got a dCi100 - rear discs as standard ;)

Does look lush, if I could A) afford to make mine a rep and B) the insurance allowed modifications I probably would!

Megane dci 130
Looks mint! Looked the same as mine when you bought it, deffinatly get xenons, the best thing by far Iv done.

Hijack alert ;)

DSCN0969.jpg

DCi 100
Should of got a dCi100 - rear discs as standard ;)

Does look lush, if I could A) afford to make mine a rep and B) the insurance allowed modifications I probably would!

I have eaten dinner of bigger plates than the discs though!

Same boat as you myself. I think I'll just stick with the non sport stuff for now.

For the guy asking about the 100's, miles miles miles above and beyond a 1.2. Yeah they sound like a van when outside idling. Yeah they run out of give shorter than the 1.2. But the usability factor is great. I had a 1.2 just over a year before this and it's a good step up. I used to see 33 ish or so in my 1.2 and now I average around 53 at a very minimum out of a tank of short journeys. 65mpg on a motorway run at legal speeds. It has enough power for road driving really, overtaking and slip roads etc aren't a hassle anymore.

Tom; car looks great! Will be spot on once all the smaller touches are complete. :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I've wanted her ever since the wide track conversion ... Love it to bits!

Can't make out the plates though, 05 at the beginning, now on an 02 plate?

either way, swap! (Not Betty) :p

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I've wanted her ever since the wide track conversion ... Love it to bits!

Can't make out the plates though, 05 at the beginning, now on an 02 plate?

either way, swap! (Not Betty) :p

I have some pearl black sport bits for sale ;)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thats very nice mate, a credit to you.

And they're popular aswell, the fact that looks nice tells me it wouldnt be for sale long if/when you decided to sell!

a black one
quality mate, really want to swap my 1.2 for a dci 100 haha, spent a fair amount on this ATM though :(