ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI Cruise Control Retrofit

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

I’ve read some previous threads but looking for some definitive answers to this.

I recently got a DCI 80 “Privilege”. Has pretty much everything but cruise and I’d really like it, I use it all the time in the 182.

Which things are needed, and what is needed to be done?

I’m guessing cruise switch panel, steering wheel, then I’m seeing things about clutch/brake switch and maybe throttle pedal? Then is it just a case of Clip to programme in?

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Look behind the panel with the headlight adjuster to see if you have the extra wiring, if you have an early car, as well as headlight adjustment you will have a dimmer switch on this panel, a newer car will just have the headlight adjustment but should have the wiring for the dimmer. You are looking for a 3rd wire, I'll get a pic tomorrow of the one for cruise.

If the wiring is there all you need is the panel with a cruise control button along with an rs "squib" steering angle sensor thing! That allows you to plug in the steering wheel buttons. You will also either need an rs airbag or cut your current one to make way for the buttons.

Then you need the clutch switch and brake pedal switch, on cars with the wiring mentioned above you need the small piece of loom that runs from the pedal switch to the spare wiring above the pedals.

Once that's all fitted it's just needs enabled via clip ( I didn't need to do this when retro fitting on a 172 but it seems you do on a non rs)

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Look behind the panel with the headlight adjuster to see if you have the extra wiring, if you have an early car, as well as headlight adjustment you will have a dimmer switch on this panel, a newer car will just have the headlight adjustment but should have the wiring for the dimmer. You are looking for a 3rd wire, I'll get a pic tomorrow of the one for cruise.

If the wiring is there all you need is the panel with a cruise control button along with an rs "squib" steering angle sensor thing! That allows you to plug in the steering wheel buttons. You will also either need an rs airbag or cut your current one to make way for the buttons.

Then you need the clutch switch and brake pedal switch, on cars with the wiring mentioned above you need the small piece of loom that runs from the pedal switch to the spare wiring above the pedals.

Once that's all fitted it's just needs enabled via clip ( I didn't need to do this when retro fitting on a 172 but it seems you do on a non rs)
Legend, cheers Martin.

I’ll look into this, mine is a 2002 car so it’s an early one, but fortunately a high spec so it’s likely it’ll have the wiring.