ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dci losing power

clio
I have a clio dci, and its started losing power when i give it more than half throttle and go above 2500rpm. When it does this the engine managment light flashes. I plugged it into a diagnostic computer and the fault code says, common rail fuel pressure function. Spoke to renault and they said clean the egr valve and try it, if its no better cut the old fuel filter open and if there is metal filings in then the fuel pump is knacked.

Has anyone had this fault/problem, justed dont want to buy a pump and be something else?

cleaned the egr valve and it was no better and there was a small amount of metal filllings in the filter

t3 corolla 116bhp
could be turbo failure maybe? im sure someone will be able to give a more detailied answer

Chelsea tractor
A turbo failure wouldn't put shards on metal in the fuel filter... ;)

PM JoelDee on here about this on eBay? (If that's the right one)

clio
i think its the high pressure fuel pump thats knacked, but i think the same person is selling one. it aint the turbo as it isnt burning oil or any leaks.

www.renparts.co.uk
A turbo failure wouldn't put shards on metal in the fuel filter... ;)

PM JoelDee on here about this on eBay? (If that's the right one)

lol u mean me joshydee... difference i havent had a car torched lol.

i think its the high pressure fuel pump thats knacked, but i think the same person is selling one. it aint the turbo as it isnt burning oil or any leaks.

ive got both matey, but im away for 2 weeks on friday so if you need either better get diagnosing fast ;)

Megane 225
We had a problem like this on my DCI 100. Turned out to be the alternator was knackered and different parts of the car weren't getting power when they needed it!