ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dCi vs CUP

350z & 16v Maxi

Ok ive had my dCi for the past 4 months and its just not what i really want i am thinking about a Cup.

It does 61mpg whick is ace, as ive done just under 8000 mile in 4 months. So about 450 a week and that costs about £25 (i think thats about right)

So how much could i get for a 04 dCi 80, only 4 months old in Flame Red, totally std dynamique. Mint Condition as youd expect from a 4 month old car.

and what sort of spec of Cup could i get for this money, i.e. year, miles etc

and how much extra would it cost me in fuel and running cost?

What would you do? The only thing that makes me keep the dCi is the fuel consumption.

VaVa

There are a few cheap Cups knocking about, but youre gonna have to be prepared to take a big hit on the value of your dci....

Its possible to get good consumption from the 172s, but youll struggle (if your anything like me!) to drive it with fuel consumption in mind. I probably only get 300 miles from a full tank in my 172.

ps.. I thought this was a driving tale at first!!

Personally Id keep the DCi its worth about £70 to £7.5k Id guess and a Cups about £9~£10k.

But a Cup will cost you more it depends on the miles you do if you (as you do at the moment ) do 24k/yr then there fair saving for a dci.

Fuel alone is ~£13 per week extra
~£4 a week for the extra servicing.
~£3 tyres etc.
There only guessed figures and will depend how you drive but each yr your looking at about £1k better off.

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

damn I had my car for 18 months an its just on 9500 miles heh, i should get out more.

350z & 16v Maxi

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 03 July 2004

Personally Id keep the DCi its worth about £70 to £7.5k
do you really think thats all its worth? Its new at £10,500, do you think you loose 3 grand in 4 months?

Ph-Sold!

Parkers guide for a model like yours seem to return the following:

Cost New (04)
£ 10925
Dealer Retail
£ 8460
Private Good
£ 7475
Private Poor
£ 6205
Trade
£ 6840

I assumed it was a 53 plate 3dr. http://www.parkers.co.ukwww.parkers.co.uk for more info.

Tim

350z & 16v Maxi

its an 04 plate actually, and its lost a lot more value than i thought it would!!! mmm

A 52 plate cup with about 20k would be about the same, you think?

Ph-Sold!

Well another couple of hundred then mate, just guessed the plate!

dCi:

Cost New (04)
£ 10925
Dealer Retail
£ 8790
Private Good
£ 7765
Private Poor
£ 6445
Trade
£ 7105

CUP

Cost New (03)
£ 12980
Dealer Retail
£ 9780
Private Good
£ 8640
Private Poor
£ 7170
Trade
£ 7905

There do seem to be some secondhand bargins on 172/cup out there, someone on classifieds was selling once for a great price the other week.

350z & 16v Maxi

thats the first time I have bought a new car, didnt realise it would depreciate over 3 grand in 4 months, seems quite a lot. Knew it would be quite a lot but 3k is more than I though.

Burgandy 174 sport t

Colin I drove by parks down at Ayr lasrt night and noticed they have two 172s on the forecourt!!

a 52 plate 9995

and

a 51 plate 8995

350z & 16v Maxi

i might go out there in a mo and have a look!!!

quite funny as i was just up in E Kilbride today!!!

I see your selling your 172, or part ex it, what you looking for?

Id keep the diesel myself. If youre doing that kind of mileage a Cup would be totally piontless, ok youll get there in a more sportier fashion but it sounds like you made the right choice in the diesel for your needs.

I went to Manchester from Northants last sunday and averaged 37mpg, mostly doing 80-90 mph (with the odd blast on the new M6 toll)

When you drive you car off of the forecourt youll immediately lose the VAT youve paid on the car, then its upto the buyer as to how much hes willing to pay for it etc.

The Jinx

Dude. Youll get more than that for it. The one I had had 18k on it and was 8months old (it was an 02 plate) and I paid £8500. Sold it this March for £7k with 27k on the clock.

Lots of people rang up saying others were advertised cheaper, but I just kept pointing out that they were 65bhp versions and also mine was a Dynamique+ which was equivalent spec to a Dynamique and all the options.

350z & 16v Maxi

do you think asking £9000 ono would be reasonable? When did you pay 8.5 for yours, what mileage was on it?

[Edited by Colin_S on 05 July 2004 at 1:27pm]

The Jinx

No. Sounds very reasonable. But expect people to ring up and mention others that are cheaper, when theyre actually lesser models.

You wouldnt believe the crap some people were telling me; "yeah but that ones cheaper." "Thats cos its a lesser model. This is the top spec one that has everything on it." "yeah but I dont need all that."

"Well thats not my f***ing problem is it you numbnut!"

One woman tried to get it for £6k arguing that a dealer had offered a non+ model with less mileage for £6450. When I checked Parkers £6450 was the dealer trade in price for one!

I bought mine Feb 2003 with 18k on it. It was May 02 plate. Sold it this march (to my mum so she gave us a little bit more to cover 4 new tyres and pads which I wouldnt have got in a private sale) for £7k.

I would have hoped to get £6700-6800 though privately. Theyre in for more than that at the moment in NW autotrader.

[Edited by mike8579 on 7/5/2004 1:33:54 PM]

350z & 16v Maxi

Well i think ill let the money i can get for my dCi decide then. If i can get what i want, Cup here i come. IF not ill be sticking with the dCi.

BTW mike, what extras does yours have?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

My Cup this weekend. Tunbridge Wells in Kent to Mansfield -> Mansfield to Reading -> Reading to Birimingham -> Birmingham to Reading -> Reading to Tunbridge Wells.

2 fuel stops... 650-700miles. 42mpg.

Nothing wrong there! :)

The Jinx

Everything mate. I checked out the configurator on their site when I bought it and you cant spec up what the Dynamique+ came with. Almost can but 1 thing was different.

From memory: Auto wipers,lights, EW, EM, ES, Air Con, CD, Cat1 alarm/immob.

Just looked at the configurator again and you can spec quite a bit more on the latest ones.