ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dci wiring diagrams / non starter

04 DCI 80 DYNAMIQUE
Hi to you all !
I have an 80 horse 04 Dci which I have had over 3 yrs, it has been blooming marvelous and always started on the first turn of the key.
About a year ago it gradually became harder to start.
I replaced the glow plugs, then the glow plug relay and this seemed to if not cure it, at least it would start after a bit of turning over.
Then, the engine warning light and glow plug light would come on under hard acceleration in a high gear.
If i eased off on the accelerator the lights would go out and the if I accelerated moderately then they would stay off.
If I ignored the lights and floored it, it would still pull right upto its top speed, but this wasnt something I wanted to do.
I changed the air filter and fuel filter again, cleaned our the EGR valve, but the problem persisted.
Next it just refused to start one morning and only a shot of easy start would get it going.
Once started it drove fine under gentle acceleration and ticked over OK and gave over 80 mpg on a run.
I bought a code reader to see if anything was logged in the ECU to give me a starting point as to solving the non starting.
The code reader came up with Camshaft sensor and Fuel pressure sensor.
This made sense so I replaced the camshaft sensor .....no change.....swapped the fuel pressure sensor with a know good one.....no change.
I then sought professional advice and was told there are known issues with the crankshaft sensor, so I changed that as well ......no change.
Running through the live date from the code reader I noticed the IAT sensor was reading -40 degrees C.
Swapped that out but no change there it still reads -40c.
Now I'm running out of ideas and to progress further I would like a full wiring diagram of the ecu system and of the complete car itself.
If anyone has any ideas or can supply a wiring diagram I would be most grateful.
Just some further facts about the car.
2004 DCI 1.5 dynamique 2 door with A/C.
Full service history to 65 K then serviced by me religiously to its present 130 k.
No black smoke on start up, returning great MPG, and engine running fine once started.
Im getting through a can of easy start every 10 days now and I really want my reliable Clio back.
Please help if you can.

Many thanks, Blackbird

Megane dci 130
I'm afraid your describing symptoms of a classic high pressure pump breaking up. Don't know why but always seems to be on the 04 or 54 plate models. My first test would be to do a diagnostics test looking at live data. Compare the rail pressure to the desired rail pressure. My bet is low fuel pressure.

master,meg, 205 maxi
as sean6545 said sounds like pos fuel pump but 1) take a clean white cup and take a fuel sample from the pump return look for metal particles they will be tiny if that is confirmed it will need 4 injectors and a fuel pump and another new filter also blow out all injector pipes and the spherical fuel rail if there are no particles it needs to be checked with a clip to check fuel pressure when cranking you should get in excess of 250bar to start if it is slow to come up do an injector back leak check also for the air temp the wiring from the egr air mass and air temp are prone for breaking in the loom on the front of the head g/box end

Megane dci 130
Even better test would be to remove the fuel filter, shake it up and drain it through the plug at the bottom. Check for metal particles. Don't forget to wash out the fuel tank aswell.