ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DCI wont start

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
Hi,
First things first, i changed the engine in my mk2 clio dci 65bhp for an other as the old one was on 175k and was very tired (using water and oil quite rapidly). Bought another engine engine and box but was told the starter was a dud so no problem checked mine on with a new belt, waterpump, glowplugs, oil and filters.

After fitting started her up and was fine altho a bit more dieselly than the original, I put this down to the injectors as not been coded so i changed the injectors to my originals and now i cant get it to fire up. I will crank no problem but just wont fire.

Iv changed
  1. Crank sensor
  2. Cam sensor
  3. FPR
  4. Both sensors on the actually pump
  5. Taken injectors back out and put originals in.
  6. Bled the system 5000 times.
  7. Changed fuel filter
Iv got fuel at all 4 injectors it just wont run. Any ideas? Is the a fuel cutoff? I cant see one.

Sounds like you could do with a copy of Clip to plug it in and see what's going on.

Could be swapping injectors thats confusing things or something else electrical. Hopefully not the pump as don't want to mess around with the belt again.

Have you tried it with easystart?

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
Sorry lads forgot to update, even with easy start it would fire and then die.

BUT perseverance paid off, I took apart my 4 spare injectors and cleaned them all properly and fitted them, then bled the system again it started but ran crap so after a few more bleeds its finally running. I then got the glowplug light so took the egr off and gave that a good clean to so its its all running absolutely spot on with no lights on dash.

Thanks all.

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
Another update.

Car idles fine but as soon as i put my foot down theres no power, lots of smoke and a loud knocking. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Fairly common for the 65 and 80 engines to shag pistons, rods and wrist pins if they're not serviced properly

Easiest way to test is to take the injectors out, get a long thing screwdriver and see if all the pistons sit at the same level at TDC. A mate of mine had his 80 blow out a wrist pin and it sounded like someone repeatedly dropping a large bag of spanners over and over.

I'd also check timing too as the cam pulleys slip sometimes

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
lol. cheers lads i wont be down there till next weekend so ill have a check through. Ill also get a video of the knocking as its pretty rough when going over 2500rpm then settles again once idling.

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
Went down last night as i had a spare half hour im definatly leaning towards injector. I can just slightly hear the knock when idling then i raise the revs to over 2500rpm and i get loud knocking a hell of a lot of smoke then take my foot off the accelerator and it settles again.

Iv managed to also get a vid altho maybe not that clear
47035848291_1b98af3dcf_z.jpg
20190208_173418 by Daniel Clifton, on Flickr