ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dci65 issues :(

1.5dci65 Dyn/Billabong
Got serious issues with my car :( Keeps misfiring now and again and has been getting stuck at 2000 revs then after that going fine. Was coming up a hill today and it did it and started pouring out smoke :S Am thinking the EGR is kaput, cleaned it the other week and was fine until yesterday and today, or the Turbo is knackered. I have a feeling it could be airflow related though, a blockage somewhere maybe? Anyone able to shed any light?

Got serious issues with my car :( Keeps misfiring now and again and has been getting stuck at 2000 revs then after that going fine. Was coming up a hill today and it did it and started pouring out smoke :S Am thinking the EGR is kaput, cleaned it the other week and was fine until yesterday and today, or the Turbo is knackered. I have a feeling it could be airflow related though, a blockage somewhere maybe? Anyone able to shed any light?

What colour was the smoke.

Megane dci 130
Sounds alot like an EGR valve problem. Did you clean out the housing and the ali pipe next to it?

I did a guide on cleaning it which might some use.

1.5dci65 Dyn/Billabong
cleaned the EGR only with some de-greaser. I've had issues with it before kicking out smoke but never loosing power like this before or misfiring, only seems to do it now and again though

1.5dci65 Dyn/Billabong
Gonna have it looked at tomorrow, i'm stopping traffic when it starts belting out smoke :( I'm wondering if the actual EGR is kaput :S