ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De Cat on BUT .............

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Just put my de cat on and took the car up the road and it does feil a little sharper but theres no noise from it at all ??? thought it would be realy loud witch i dont realy like so thats good but will it get any louder after a few miles and will i feil something more hi up the rev range ???

Thanks
Alan

Golf R/Leon FR
mine on the RS gets louder the more i drive it as it heats up but it didnt make a big difference from just having the magnex on which is good as it doent sound too loud.

Turbos.
A CAT has a silencing affect but it isn't an actual silencer so i guess you shouldn't expect too much of a difference. Do you have an OEM backbox?

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yeah havent changer the exhaust yet might get a back box for about £ 120 as i dont want to spent to much more .

cliobuyer said:
A CAT has a silencing affect but it isn't an actual silencer so i guess you shouldn't expect too much of a difference. Do you have an OEM backbox?

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Its just an old cat with the monithlith ( Cant spell :) ) removed .

Joe@ShedMotorsport said:
Is it just a straight pipe? or does it have an expansion/resonator box? If it does then that will produce a silencing effect

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Just had a quick test run and have to say it does make a bit of a diff seems to pull harder at 5K and rev a bit better to not bad for £ 70 :)

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yeah me to think i was expecting a bit to much tho thought it would turn it in to a 200 BHP monster but its just a very slight improvement but as Tesco say every little helps :)

Golf R/Leon FR
lol, yeah you wont get massive gains from just a decat, put a full exhaust system on and it will help even more. but still only looking at a few bhp

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yeah think im gona have to get one now to fully free up the berathing would not mine a bit of poping on overrun to . Think theres only one company that do a full system for my BRM a Janspeed £ 265 from motorsport world . Any thoughts ???

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
You can get a proper de-cat for the BRM's for about £50, it will be wider and more effective than simply hollowing out the original cat. Then get somehting like a 3 inch magnex from there back. Should do the job nicely :)

Worth putting a wanted post on www.rovertech.net , there's usually a few second hand ones going around.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Now u tell me :) well never mind got it now any one rate Janspeed or anything else for my car ???

TVO said:
You can get a proper de-cat for the BRM's for about £50, it will be wider and more effective than simply hollowing out the original cat. Then get somehting like a 3 inch magnex from there back. Should do the job nicely :)

Worth putting a wanted post on www.rovertech.net , there's usually a few second hand ones going around.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Any one no if Ashley exhauste are any cop or is Janspeed the better choice . Dont want anything to loud tho thanks

Alan

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Has not made any diff noise wise but going to get a system or a back box for some sporting sounds but witch one ?

Thomss said:
DECAT made mine sound mental loud! still is, liking it though.