ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-Cat

Clio RN & Honda blade
Hi all,

Want to put a de-cat on my car, just wondered do you have to disable the lambda sensors or do you just plug them in as normal?

Clio RN & Honda blade
Cool, did wonder if the Engine Management light would come on, but obviously not.

Thanks for your help people :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Errrrrrr, My light is on with my De-cat. A few other people that have them in also have the lights on. I think it can be hit of miss with the light coming on or not.

Clio RN & Honda blade
Oh!

That little orange light reaaaally annoys me when it's on!!

Will give it a try & see what happens i guess!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I have the front lambda plugged into the cat, and the other lambda is plugged in but taped up and not in use. Car runs fine with no warning lights.

Could you explain this a bit more please mate? What end is plugged in? Is it an easy job to do? My sensor's faulty and have the EML on even though the car's running fine. Downstream like the one you've taped up...

Front lamba is plugged in and screwed into the cat.

The one that would go into the other end of the decat, is still plugged in, but is just taped up with electrical tape to keep the sensor clean, and cable tied to the underneath of the car