ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-cat

Just received my decat in the post today, I already have a jull exhaust system, plus a ramair induction kit.

What I want to know is will this decat make much of a difference to my performance, and how much loader is it? (bb decat)

Well i recently just fitted a de-cat and ITG filter to my 2.0 valver - i didnt notice much of a change over then the fact my exhaust is slightly louder and when a tap the throttle it pops and bangs like a goodn!!!

however..... i have noticed that since i fitted my decat i now have a split in my exhaust (maybe cuased by the backfire) which is really bad as i have a magnex cat-back system. You always hear people going on how good these are - so not impressed. When i have the hole sorted (Friday) ill let you know as i guess im loosing alot of back pressure :0(

Not really what I wanted to hear but cheers anyway.

I want someone to come in and say, ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy ggggggggggggggooooooooooooodddddddddd it is as rapid as porsche with that on!

Ok - let me re phrase,

fecking hell man, you gotta get one of these babbies!!! Must have added atleeeeast 40bhp - maybe 50bhp (yet to be RR for final results) this bit scaffolding pipe is best thing since sliced bread - a miracle in its own right! remember to sprinkle it with magic liquid bhp powder before you fit it tho otherwise youll only see maybe a 2bhp difference like me.

;)

I have one, which i am making, i stuck it on my 1.2, initially didnt notice much of a difference, but after 100 miles or so, i now have alot more power at the high revs, from about 3k upwards, and alot more noise.

Everyone i have sold one to has has positive comments, see my thread in the For Sale section for a link to a review written by GunnerGibson

...loh just to add, max power (yes i know but...) recona bout 5-10% power increase, dunno about the truth in this but.......