ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

De-locking

Does anyone know how much it would cost to have the passenger door de-locked?

Also how much does it cost to have the boot flushed, with lock, wiper and plastic bit removed and a solnoid (if thats wot its called) fitted.

One last thing, how much would it cost to have the bump strips removed and have the sides flushed and painted?

Thanks alot everyone

Phil (Now a member!!!)

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Noooooo!!! Dont get your bumpstrips removed! Seen pics of it done and it doesnt look good at all!

Im in the middle of de0locking mine on te cheap now. (about £20 plus paint) I that you know how is turns out.

Had mine broken into via the drivers lock. drivers side was de-locked, but ive left the passenger side incasae the battery runs flat!

for 50squids i got:

Steel plate welded round original lock-hole.
waxed on the inside to prevent corrosion.
fillered outside+flushed.
Sanded+pimered.

Then paint cost me £10 for colour+lacquer and it looks OK (Tho not perfect as my cars 7yrs old and the paints faded).

You need a full weld around the original hole - I know ppl that have simply fillered over it but it cracks over time as the end of the door is put under a lot of stress.

Im thinking of total delocking, but i dont know how trustworthy the remote key-lock is. does anyone know of a place to put a manual key-hole that would look good, should the battery fail?

Alex where did u see pics of the bump strips removed?

Theres a red 16v in this months fast car, and with the bump strips removed and sides completely smoothed i think it looks brill!

to get in done professionally youd have to do what thingy says welding a plate etc etc so it doesnt rust and pop through, but youd have to get the 1/4 panel blended into it, for pro look

I saw that car in fast car and it does look cool. But is it worth the risk. When i am at work (trolly lad at sainsburys part time, Student job) All the time I see poeple knocking into peoples doors with there car doors. It pisses me off when they just try and get away without anyone noticing. And with cars with no strips they tend to leave a bit of a dint. So i would keep em on, cos people can be b******s.

Thats my opinion anyway.

paul

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Cant remember exactly where i saw the pic. It was a little pic on an advertisment somewhere. Just didnt look good in my opinion, but hey if you like it then do it, thats what moddin is about, what you like not other people!

Ben why dont you get the 2 doors de-locked, and leave the original lock on the boot? Thats what i did on my RT. If the remote was to fail you could open the boot, climb in and open the doors from the inside! Bit of a struggle but can be done if your small!!

BMW 320d Sport

De lock the whole lot including the boot. At the end of the day, if you absolutely have to then either break the window and get another one from a scrappy or just remove the rear window. It can be done from the outside...

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

Wouldnt you have to get inside to take the spoiler off first though nick?

Havent really seen a valver up close so i wouldnt know if it obstructs taking the back windscreen out? And i personally wouldnt fancy taking a window out from the outside, coz if thiefs could get into your car that easy without making a sound, theyd do it that way!

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

A brick should do the trick! Dont smash one of the others though incase you cant match the tint of the windows up!