ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dealer paying for new alloys!

Clio 172 Sport
Picked up my 172 from my local dealer last Tuesday BUT had to take it back today as they hadn't sorted the new MOT or PSI checked it. I was told the car was tip-top and should sail through. Got a call at noon telling me it had failed!!! When I got there it had falied on the following:

Offside front and nearside front tyres have cuts deep enough to reach the ply cords making them VERY DANGEROUS.

Nearside tyre has lump caused by separation failure of its structure.

Nearside rear and offside rear brake brake disc excessively pitted.

Nearside rear shock absorber has serious fluid leak.

Advisory items:

Nearside front inner brake pad wearing thin.

Nearside and offside front brake discs slightly pitted.

Nearside rear alloy slightly damaged.

Nearside front inner alloy slightly distorted.

As you can imagine they wouldn't let me take the car away as it was too dangerous to drive. Now after speaking to everyone in a managerial roll and voicing how I was pretty upset (I may have used a more colourful way of getting this point across) I've managed to get them to pay for a whole new set of OZ Supperleggeras OR another set to the value of £900 as they were on the car when I bought it! and also new brakes all-round.

Its a pain in the arse but a new set of rims and brakes make it worth while.

Any of you guys got recommendations on alloys and pics?

Cheers
swanee

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
i personally would have wanted my money back. sounds like the cars had a hard life !

Clio 16V mk1 ph2
i personally would have wanted my money back. sounds like the cars had a hard life !

think i'd have been the same.
All I can say is, when buyin the rims, think about how much the new tyres are gonna cost too. Little thing, but they do end up adding up!

Clio 172 Sport
At the end of the day the cars got a 12mth warranty so I feel im covered plus they are fixing everything and paying for a new set of alloys and tyres so Im happy, just annoyed that this wasn't done before I bought it!!

I reckon I wont get it back until end of next week though!!