ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dealers are muppets

I have taken my cup to be tracked 3 times in the last month, they can never get it right, even indendent garages with all the laser equipment do a sh*t job. My car was last tracked on friday just gone by the renault dealer, the steering hangs to the left but the tyres pull to the right, sounds crazy but its happening. I even took it back to renault who gave me the usual bullsh*t, we tracked your car mate everything is straight etc etc. Once i get in and start driving its all over the place. I understand that you cant get the steering dead straight, but i really am running out of options, because everything is setup wrong i am beginning to get tyre wear. Please people if any of you have had any similar problems with your 172s or cups what setting did you give them, no garages have the tracking setting for the cup, so every time the car is tracked its all wrong. Do any of you live in London if so what garage did you use to track the car correctly. I just want my bloody car to drive in a straight line instead of constantly battling with the car.

Please please help me.

Get someone at the dealership to drive the car, they can set it up on the lasers time and time again, but if the subframe is bent theyll never get it to drive straight. If they can drive it and see the problem they might have more of an idea what to do about it!

Also test drive another one, see if that one behaves the same.

Clio 172 Cup

im heading to Paul Wilson Motorsport in Warrington to get my wheel balance, camber settings, toe in and toe out and all that crap done. Cos my car behaves the same. Apparently they are meant to be good, and have cup settings. Also they are putting some special camber bolts on for me, available from K-tec. if this doenst work then takin it to get subframe checked. I asked Renault to do this but they didnt mention anything last time. w**kers

the cup is supposed to have 0 toe-out, +or- 1.2 mm, 172 sport is 1.7mm +or- 1.2mm. My cup has steered oddly from day one reallyhard to put where you want at 90mph+, so we set it at 2.0mm toe-out and problem solved, except occasionally wouldnt straighten up coming out of tight bend with lots of power on.Too scary, so set it backto 0 toe-out and the steering was odd again. That weekend did road rally in Wales as Course Car and after a night of belting down rough lanes it has magically cured itself .Steers perfectly and really confident handling. The car has only done 4000 from new so maybe its a problem with new shocks needing to loosen off? this is only a guess would anyone know if this could be the case? Also anyone know of a Renault dealer in merseyside/n. west area who actually knows anything and can sort these cars?