ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dealers driving your car...

my car gained 7 miles in the two days that it was at the dealers.. i think this takes the piss a bit??

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
yep, took mine in with a half tank and i came back with a quarter, of course i didnt write down the miles but now i do. Last time it was in for tyres it did 4 miles - testing they said. but i know like u guys know they ragged my poor little car around from cold for 4 miles thats not even enough to warm up the engine. IT WILL NEVER GO BACK AGAIN TO REGVARDY DURHAM B*STARDS. not sure where am gonna take it

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
Thanks guys mines in tomorrow!

Photo of odometer with time and date stamp I think...

RenaultSport 172 Phase 1
Took my EVO into main dealer for reversin senses repaired, Reset the 'B' trip meter and it gained 6.5 miles, B*stards :mad:
Dave

hell yes, go out 4 a thrash 2nite and empty that tank too, they wont go to far or rag it anywhere if theres no petrol.

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
My mate had his 106 gti shunted, got it back from dealer 'all fixed' but suspension had been completely screwed. Prob by the speed humps outside. Cost £2000 to fix but claimed it through the garage

Da

Less
Write down the exact mileage and stick it to the dash on a Post-It note. I'm sure this will make them realise you've recorded the mileage!

Someone here used to write a post it note with the current mileage on and stuck it on the steering wheel when he dropped it off.

I can't recall if that worked or not, c***s probably just peeled it off and proceeded to rag the tits off it.

BMW M3
badinvincible said:
Someone here used to write a post it note with the current mileage on and stuck it on the steering wheel when he dropped it off.

I can't recall if that worked or not, c**ts probably just peeled it off and proceeded to rag the tits off it.

I would probably be worried they would treat it badly in different ways if i did that... They would be pissed off and.... opps !! "aciddently" scratch it.

thing is unless they put of huge mileage they will just claim they had to be sure the car was ready for return to the customer. garages hardly ever will admit to anything untoward. I took my last clio in for a service dirty and it came back dirty, not rallied dirty just 2 weeks road muck- they usually clean it hmmm? when i cleaned it the next day it had a scratch all the way down one side. lite just laquer(spellin?) deep only and it almost t-cutted out. now i had that car from brand new and knew every mark on it - when i went back to the garage screamin and bouncin up and down and they were just like- sorry it woznt us it must have been in when you brought it in!!