ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Deamon tweeks and wheel offsets

Scooby STi, FiestaST

ok... after debating whether to get my wheeels or not.. i decided to pay out and purchase.

However when speaking to deamon tweeks (who had them in stock) they hate giving out wheel offsets.

I told em i had a non-sport version and gave them the model (mk2 ph2 - 2005 1.6) version.

I mentioned that i was advised to get ET38 for 17" wheels and the guy eventually told me that they would ship ET45 as renault quote ET43....

what the hell....... the guy said hed ship me ET38 if thats what i wanted but can someone finally put my mind at rest as im going to exploe....

WHAT do i need ?????? 17" for a dynamique its going to get lowered 60mm so i dont want rubbing either....

thanks

Scooby STi, FiestaST

always to the rescue.....

but why r they quoting ET45 ? i did say that i thought that was for the sport model and the guy was like no no no no ET45 is what you need.....

trust me.....

err ok.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

fred....

Does that offset mean that i wont need an angle grinder and hammer when its dropped 60mm ???

I am such a girl

Skoda Fabia vRS

well i work at Motor World and to non 182 etc cars we usually supply ET38 and ive never had a problem, though none of my customers have lowered it 60mm to my knowledge

Scooby STi, FiestaST

thanks BRUN.

ok so thats 2 for the ET38 club.... i did another call with the Tweeks and they said that with the 38s they would rub the arch when lowered... is this crap...

( i know this is the only subject i discuss)....:oops: freds going to block my posts and emails soon....

lol

Scooby STi, FiestaST

btw i would appreciate if i could be re-assured b4 the day is over....

these are going to be ordered tomorrow, if alls well.

Megane225FF

lowering 60mm is a big drop.. you may get rubbing no matter what offset you choose.. but between et45 & et38, Id choose et38

ET 38 Is the gospil when lowered 60 mil

trust Fred he knows prob the first person on this site to own a dynaimque and put 17s on it and lower it 60 mil!

Quote: Originally posted by the_ferret on 22 July 2005
always to the rescue.....but why r they quoting ET45 ? i did say that i thought that was for the sport model and the guy was like no no no no ET45 is what you need.....trust me....err ok.

IIRC Omar had an all too similar issue with them over his wheels!

[Edited by Day on 7/22/2005 8:58:46 PM]

Scooby STi, FiestaST

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 22 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by the_ferret on 22 July 2005

always to the rescue.....but why r they quoting ET45 ? i did say that i thought that was for the sport model and the guy was like no no no no ET45 is what you need.....trust me....err ok.

IIRC Omar had an all too similar issue with them over his wheels!

[Edited by Day on 7/22/2005 8:58:46 PM]

Do we know what the outcome was ???

i also thought that R3OBC had the -60mm kit with 17s.... wonder what his offset was before they came off....

ill pm him i think.

[Edited by the_ferret on 22 July 2005 at 10:51pm]

Scooby STi, FiestaST

getting TD prorace 1.2s but no purchased til tomorrow.... Just want to make sure i get the right ones.... cant be doing with returns etc...

GR7

Shiny red R32

Several of the Demon Tweeks guys have Clios/172s and they should know about wheels, as they fit enough of them!

Scooby STi, FiestaST

ok

thread resolved.. bought some different wheels today. I like the pro rece 1.2 TDs but went for a slightly different look as everyones got black on black (it nice but didnt want to "copy" everyone whos got em).

went for some Polished spoke with the rest of the wheel black.....

only offset they came in was nearer ET40 so middle of the road.

thanks to all that posted with advice and ideas.

matt