ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat Fitting?

Clio 172
Bought a Yozza is it worth having ago at doing it myself? Or shall i just take it somewhere? I have ramps and minimal tools, little experiance and have the day of tomorrow?

Cheers Ben

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
Borrow a mate, get some socket extension bars....... easy peasy

on a 182 it is,

172 bit of a pain in the arse unless you have access to proper ramps. kwik fit styleee
fidly and not much space to work in. it is Doable though if your on a budget.

S4 Avant
Very easy. 13mm socket, undo all the mounts and it practically drops off.

unless you have an uncut system, then it needs cutting or the rear axle dropping

Edit: I'm thinking of a 182

Cro

Meg'd r27
Takes me 20mins on a 172 to remove and refit, I dont know why people think its so hard.
Foot long extension bar and it really is that easy, even easier again if you have a multi-directional joint. Thats also just jacked up, no ramps

Everything is easier with the right tools

Evo 6, E92 320d
Get the car up on axle stands, someone lay underneath and someone goes in from the engine bay, extention bars help as said.

Clio 172
why in from the engine? Is it just a case of undo a few bolts? (i know they are gunna be in stupid hard to reach places) Does the decat just bolt into place? Ive get a set of ramps, like drive up ramps not garage stylee. And a full socket set with extentions and a twisty extension. Basically what i wanna know is can i just drive it up my ramps, get underneath with my socket set, unscrew a few (hard to reach) bolts, put my decat in place, put my sensors in the hole, then bolt that back in and drive off my ramps?

Cro

Meg'd r27
access to one side of the bolts is down by the manifold (let the car cool down) thats where problem occurs, it is possible to put a spanner on the bold and wedge it against something or squeeze your hand through to hold it.
Alot of cut hands that way though.

It'll be easy enough to sort I wouldn't worry too much

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It's probably an easy job if everything fits well and isn't rusted. But it's a Renault. Ergo it will most likely be a ball ache.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Very easy. 13mm socket, undo all the mounts and it practically drops off.

unless you have an uncut system, then it needs cutting or the rear axle dropping

Edit: I'm thinking of a 182

2 x 13mm on the exhaust clamp , then 2 x 10mm (M6) bolts to exhaust manifold .

As long as you can gain access to the exhaust from your ramps its easy enough . Getting your lambda sensor out of your CAT might not be as easy lol , thats if your gonna fit it to your de cat pipe .

You might want to get yourself a couple of M6 x70mm high tensile bolts and some 10mm nuts. Chances are the ones that bolt to your exhaust manifold will be a bit rusty .

Last edited:
  172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
I fited a cat back system on my clio on the weekend and found it the cat nut & bolts very rusty, so i just cut them with the grinder in seconds and replaced the nut & bolts....

182 FF
we all have to start somewhere, and this is bog basic stuff, av a set of spanners/socket set and WD40 at the ready and job done, don't let any one put you off, my 5 year old could manage it if he was strong enough;)