ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat - MOT?

GP2
My MOT is due in the next couple of days and I really can't be bothered to put the cat back on. Have any of you with de-cats managed to get through an MOT?

Worth just taking it and see how I get on or change it prior to going?

Cheers

clio 197, mazda rx7
offer tham an extra £50 and see wot happens, thats wot i do with my mechanic and his always happy to pass it for me lol, why not change it yourself if no one will pass it for you?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Phone Alister Darling and tell him hes a complete wanker and that the world is doomed to a fate of rising oceans, 3 mile high waves will engulf most of Asia, the chinese will invade Africa and most americans will emigrate north to Canada,then ask him what f**king difference you not having a catalatic convertor on your car is going to make, lets face it really i mean just because im going to be paying £270 in 2010 for car tax that means what exactly? That there will be more ice bergs? I f**king doubt it!

Explain this to him and im sure he will come round.... lol

Megane 225 Cup | 106 GTi
Theres plenty of garages out there that can bend rules slightly to accomodate for such modifications ;)

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Recently had a decat fitted to mine. MOT isn't due till Nov, but the guy who fitted it said they'd pass it if i MOT'd it with them.

As for giving them £50?! Are you mad... it costs less then that to get a garage to swap the cat back over.

Renaultsport Clio 182 ff
Phone Alister Darling and tell him hes a complete w**ker and that the world is doomed to a fate of rising oceans, 3 mile high waves will engulf most of Asia, the chinese will invade Africa and most americans will emigrate north to Canada,then ask him what f**king difference you not having a catalatic convertor on your car is going to make, lets face it really i mean just because im going to be paying £270 in 2010 for car tax that means what exactly? That there will be more ice bergs? I f**king doubt it!

Explain this to him and im sure he will come round.... lol

lol, killing myself laughing here, you should have your own channel on tv...:)

GP2
MOT done, passed with de-cat on! So the jobs a good un, £50 for the MOT with a blind eye turned to the lack of cat :)

TVR Cerbera
my last MOT, my car should have failed....and that was with a sportscat on! to be fair, it was runnng in and not had the map done. lol

I don't think mine would ever pass with a decat, but then it only takes 20 mins to swap over

"Navy" N17 TWO
Theres plenty of garages out there that can bend rules slightly to accomodate for such modifications ;)

MOT on this side of the puddle is a different tune altogether!

Done in specific MOT testing centres here, you lot can get a mate in a garage to do it?