ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat or supersport (ktec/janspeed sports system)

Clio 182
Want a bit more noise but not asbo loud. Running a ktec janspeed sports exhaust system atm and it's not particularly loud. Which one would be a better option, a decat with the centre silencer or a supersport centre section with a cat? I don't want to do both as it'll be too loud. Car is my daily so don't want it to be obscene.

monaco 172
Tried both options on my old 182 Including decat with supersports straight pipe.

The best sounding by a country mile was the sports silenced centre section with decat.

I'll try and dig out my old vids, think their on youtube

Clio 182
Cheers fella! I thought that was probably the best option as I've heard the supersport is tres loud even with a cat

Megane R26
Janspeed with supersport mid section and decat. Was very raspy but not droney and no way as loud as a 2.5 inch decat milltek or scorpion for example

Megane R26
Yeh, got a supersport on my 172 at the minute and it's unbearable on the motorway even with the cat lol

Is yours a stealth? My old Ph1 had a stealth supersport and it was horrible. Had a 2.25 inch straight exit welded on and it was not boomy at all. The stealth shoots noise straight down and right back into the car! Straight exit made all the difference :)

galmnzkr.jpg

monaco 172
Is yours a stealth? My old Ph1 had a stealth supersport and it was horrible. Had a 2.25 inch straight exit welded on and it was not boomy at all. The stealth shoots noise straight down and right back into the car! Straight exit made all the difference :)

View attachment 1378278

Yeh it is.

I've bought a straight exit and a carbon bumper surround about 6 months ago but I'm s**t scared of cutting the bumper and making a balls of it.

Or cutting the bumper and needing a new exhaust which wouldn't fit in the cut out I'd already made lol.