ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat pipe with no lambda sensor

Am i correct in saying that if i run my decat with no 2nd(back) lambda sensor and have the lambda sensor hole plugged the only problem this will cause is switching the engine light on the dash till one is refitted ?

Then the light will go off, or do i need a fault code reader to turn it off ?

Would i come across problems running my car like this ?

Or would the car just run richer than normal but with the engine light on ?

Opinions welcome.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Yeh should be fine tbh. Ran like this for a year with a saxo. The second lambda only reads after cat emmisions, doesn't control fueling or anything.

Not sure whether you will need to delete the dtc to turn the light off.

fiesta st214, clio 182ff
when i fitted my decat the light would come on and go off every now and again. its now just allways on but it hasnt affected my mpg's at all. but its m.o.t time so i need to do a switch back to the normal cat. thats the only thing annoying about them! lol but suppose it only comes around once a year.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Use a lambda blanking hole plug. ;) On saxp people sold special sleeves for the lambda sensor which was basically a tube with a capped off end and a lambda size thread in the other. Screw lambda into this and it would always read cold air and wouldn't get damaged. Then just secure it somewhere.

Use a lambda blanking hole plug. ;) On saxp people sold special sleeves for the lambda sensor which was basically a tube with a capped off end and a lambda size thread in the other. Screw lambda into this and it would always read cold air and wouldn't get damaged. Then just secure it somewhere.

Ah righty, don't suppose you know the size of the lambda do you ?

VaVa
I think the thread is 18mm x 1.5. tbh... I was going to blank mine, but eneded up just sticking the second lamda in. In 3000 miles, never saw the EML once! Go figure!

It's a 22mm spanner. You could always get agressive with a grinder till you can get a socket over it.
edit: thread size. not so sure.

By thge size i meant the threads mate, lol at the grinder comment.....

I think the thread is 18mm x 1.5. tbh... I was going to blank mine, but eneded up just sticking the second lamda in. In 3000 miles, never saw the EML once! Go figure!

Cheers for the size, i bidded on a sensor on ebay and got on for £18 so i'll use that to plug it :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140408939665&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

MK2 172 FF
tbh id leave it it, i have a kind of de-cat on mine and had the light come on once when giving it some for a while.

Does have a mis-fire though between 1k and 2.8k but think that may be something else

tbh id leave it it, i have a kind of de-cat on mine and had the light come on once when giving it some for a while.

Does have a mis-fire though between 1k and 2.8k but think that may be something else

What you mean a kinda decat ?

fixedgear

ClioSport Club Member
I have DTC's from my Lambdas.

Am I right in saying that If I have a fault with my Upstream lambda that if I swap the upstream and downstream lambdas (thinking the downstream is good) that this could potentially fix a running problem I have.? As the downstream will then throw an EML but that's it?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
apparently my cars a freak and this has never been known before.
But.
I've got a good lambda pre-cat, then a bolt in 2nd hole (decatted)
The 2nd sensor isn't even plugged in, it's in the boot attached to a sport cat for mot time.

I have no EML, been like it for 6 months.

according to everyone else, no 2nd lambda will give an eml, mine begs to differ.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
apparently my cars a freak and this has never been known before.
But.
I've got a good lambda pre-cat, then a bolt in 2nd hole (decatted)
The 2nd sensor isn't even plugged in, it's in the boot attached to a sport cat for mot time.

I have no EML, been like it for 6 months.

according to everyone else, no 2nd lambda will give an eml, mine begs to differ.

Any map on it? It could have been mapped out

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Any map on it? It could have been mapped out
If there is, it was done before I bought the car, and I've had it 6 odd years.
No proof of it being mapped or receipts etc, but thats not to say it isn't
(but then, it only had 1 receipt with it, and that was for 2 tyres!)