ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat time

Titanium 182 FF
Right so iv managed to get some time in a week or two to go down to my mates house and use his garage, perfect time then to buy and fit the decat. Before i go ahead anyone had a milltek decat fitted to there milltek catback? just want your opinions and advice really as never done this before!

Also is it worth getting a new gasket set? My mind is telling me yes but if i can get away with not buying i will.
Cheers guys

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
If its a 172 then getting a mate to help you is almost essential due to the placement of the manifold to cat bolts. Getting them off is easy getting them on is a pain and a half on your own. I would get a manifold to cat kit, which has new bolts, springs and gasket. make a note of how the old ones fitted in terms of the order of the washers, nut , bolts and spring tensioner. I would probably also buy a tube of exhaust paste just to be sure, its cheap so would be nice to use it rather than finding a joint blowing and having to nip out to buy some.

Titanium 182 FF
Cheers for the speedy reply @optical , its a 182 so should be much simpler in that respect but il take your advice and get the gaskets and paste. Exciteddd!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Cheers for the speedy reply @optical , its a 182 so should be much simpler in that respect but il take your advice and get the gaskets and paste. Exciteddd!
Thats cool. I read in your profile you had a Pearl Black which must be your old car. 182s are a breeze, definitely get the milltek decat, they are nicely made and might as well go for that if you have a Milltek exhaust.