ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decat?

Hi guys,i was thinking of decating my 172cup!just wonderd if it was a good idea?because i dont know to much about them!or the other option was to get a decat pipe with silencer?just wonderd whats the difference between the two of them?Or would you stay away from both of them?
cheers

172cup
dont do it. Pain in the arse. took my 3 hours ust to get the original cat off!!! Had to take heat shielding and everything off.

I've now got a Janspeed decat on my cup.... its loud as fook.... but not seen any increase in power as of yet.

Still need to race a std cup to see the difference lol

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i heard a decat was a good mod for the ££££ so i got one. not put it on yet tho. waitin til after mot. hope it doesnt go stupidly loud tho.

god this forum is great if you ask what is the best mods per pound to get for a 172 people always say inlet manifold done and a decat now people say dont do it!!! arrggggg!!! lol

M2 Competition
I love my decat, made fair bit of difference i reckon, and the noise is awesome (unsilenced)

Get one.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
catalytic converters are put on cars for a reason. ---- to reduce harmful emissions.

Heres all this talk about government raising taxes (road and fuel etc) to try and reduce emissions, and there are some who deliberately tamper with their cars and increase his/her emisson output just for a negligable increase in power and a better "feel" or "sound" while they are driving.

very irresponsible in my opinion.

(i'm not having a go at any individual by the way, it's just how i feel)

Lionel Richie
MrMark said:
catalytic converters are put on cars for a reason. ---- to reduce harmful emissions.

Heres all this talk about government raising taxes (road and fuel etc) to try and reduce emissions, and there are some who deliberately tamper with their cars and increase his/her emisson output just for a negligable increase in power and a better "feel" or "sound" while they are driving.

very irresponsible in my opinion.

(i'm not having a go at any individual by the way, it's just how i feel)

www.gohugatree.com ?????

. bet youll be first to complain when road tax rises

Last edited:
FredYozzasport said:
ah sorry chap, good excuse to spend a fortune on your car though eh!!! ;)

i will be at least £200 better off a month. not a joke.