ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decat

193 mk2

is it true by de-cating you only gain on top end & can actually lose power in the mid- range? i was told by a man who seamed to know his sh*t that these days the engines are designed with the back pressure a cat causes to gain power especilly in the mid-range. can anyone enlighten me more as most of my driving is in town & i dont want to lose any power there!!!

Suzuki SV650

I dunno, some people have mentioned on here that a de-cat and straight thru exhausts without the cat can lose power on these 2.0 engines on some places. Im considering having my cat put back on, but with a decat pipe it certainly revs more freely...

Saxo VTS

Noticed a change from about 2.5k to 4.5k on my 1.4RT. Pulls better and gave mine a throaty sort of sound upfront. You cant go wrong really :)