ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

decatting help???

T

tomstyle172

hey guys jus a quick question if yous can help me? im wanting to decat my car but cant afford a propper decat as im looking at 80-100 quid:( so my mate was saying i could just chop some of the pipe from my old stainless steel centre peice and replace cat with it:S:S wasnt sure if this would work lol any1 know cheers tom:)

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
you could, but then you would need to have the flange welded onto you tube then a hole drilled and a nut fitted for the lamda sensor.. you can pick decats up on here for about £50 quid which will save you alot of messing about and you will still have your cat for mot time

AGH the sl*g
Dont just bodge it wait and do the job propperly plus you wont have the threaded hole fot the lamba

T

tomstyle172

ahh see my mate didnt mention any of this lol i new i would get some more advice on here cheers guys. and i would pay 50 np just looked on ebay they 90 quid plus p+p which is a tenner:(

white 172
take your time and cut out the cat but leave lamda holes still there thats how mine is just as good as any decat pipe tbh

172cup
Bit daft unless you have another CAT for MOT purposes as their like £200+ from most places. Just wait and get a proper one made up Most custom exhaust fabricators will do them for around the £60 - 70 mark

Mk5 golf gti
Save up and buy a proper stainless exhaust with sports cat

even if it takes 6 months its better than bodging it :approve:

T

tomstyle172

i can get a dodgey mot off my m8 so that sorts that one out lol:cool: but think i will wait for propper one from advice given:)

AGH the sl*g
Hold out mate, they come on ebay all the time i picked up a miltek decat on there for £50 posted. You'll thank us in the long run.

T

tomstyle172

cheers magh. im deffo waiting do it properly:) looking foward to working on my car only hadit a month gettin a ph1 airbox fitted this weekend with itg filter, then next lower 40mm and then eventually decat maybe remap. but these cars are fast enough standard lol!!!!!:D