ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent 205/40/R17 Tyres????

1.6 16v
I need to new tyres for my 17's and i dont know what to get. Any Ideas of tyres that are good in the wet and the dry on 205/40R17 rubber??

I have had falken in 195/45/R16 rubber and they were very good. I tried these on 205/40/R17 rubber and they were not as good and i didnt have near as much grip so have any of you that have had/got 17's found a decent rubber for these tyres??

Cheers Steve

"Navy" N17 TWO
I've been given a good price on a set of alloys (with Toyo T1-S tyres) size as title ^^

Will they be good for all-round driving in the dci ?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
had these myself ,great in the dry but not so good in the wet .

dunno if they do T1-R's in that size ,better all round tyre .

T1-R were dropped from production wern't they!
nope, still available. When I went though the were 205-45-17. I've got T1-s now and had yokohama A539 before. The A539 were awesome in the wet but not as good as expected in the dry. The toyo's are great in the dry and imo so far they been pretty good in the wet.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Thats better news :)

I've been priced a set of 17" alloys with Toyo T1-S for £530 :D
Ask the price for an upgrade to T1-Rs as they are much higher rated. However, this is in my opinion and loads of people on here have a negative opinion of Toyos and will tell u to go for more expensive tyres, like michelin or pirellis.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Thats better news :)

I've been priced a set of 17" alloys with Toyo T1-S for £530 :D
Ask the price for an upgrade to T1-Rs as they are much higher rated. However, this is in my opinion and loads of people on here have a negative opinion of Toyos and will tell u to go for more expensive tyres, like michelin or pirellis.

It's an extra £56 with the T1-R tyres

I have been using Avon ZZ3's on my current 17s for about 3 years (obviously not the same tyres for 3 years lol)

I'd see if I can get a price with F1s on ;)

The T1S are shocking in the wet - fine going along but try and stop or turn suddenly and it all goes a bit slidey rather too quickly for my liking... :dead: lol

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Proxes will be better than avons, and like I said go for the T1-R. Never had any of the tyres that people rate on here so I cant compare them

Not a Clio anymore.....
Proxes will be better than avons, and like I said go for the T1-R. Never had any of the tyres that people rate on here so I cant compare them

I've had both Proxes and Avons, and would recommend the Avons, much the same in the dry but I've found the Avons far superior in the wet.

Not a Clio anymore.....
Yep it was the ZZ3's.

Currently running the Pirelli Zero Nero's on the front and I have to say they are pretty good in all conditions.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Ok cheers :)

I think I might go for the T1-s as they are a good price inc the alloys
Then when they are done I'll go back to the ZZ3s

I thought Toyos were the more expensive make than Avon so I'm a little confused lol