ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent cheap android tablet?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I'm after a cheapish android tablet, what's decent? Budget of say ~150ish? Things like the Amazon fire seem too cheap and are probably s**t?

Talk to me

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing wrong with the Amazon Fire tablets as a basic thing for internet, watching vids, etc, they exist to sell Amazon tat so they are sold for next to nothing. Good battery life.

Limited app library and not much cop for gaming, but it’s £90 for a 10” tablet……
Doesn't have to be limited.

Very easy to get Google Play store on them, just look on the thread on XDA developers; takes 5 minutes to remove the ads, add Play etc.

The Fire HD 10 Plus is very good for the money, especially on Prime Day/Black Friday.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I bought Luca an Amazon one before Mexico 3 years ago. Still works. Added the Google play store and put everything on it I wanted and deleted everything I didn't.

They take a bit more setting up and cleaning etc but great for money. Less than £100.

I have an iPad air 2020 and the difference is night and day, but it's great for on the plane.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
My 5 year old has the amazon tablet with the kids case thing. So far after a year of 5 year old type abuse its fine, no scratches on the screen so they must use decent glass, battery life is unchanged. I'm so impressed with it I nearly bought myself one recently before remembering we have an ipad in a draw that never gets used so this would end up the same.

For the price of them they seem hard to beat.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I have a Samsung Tab A from 2016 and it's still working spot on tbh. Would definitely recommend one so I imagine one of the newer models could be had for under £150. We have a fire for the kids and it's pretty bad in comparison tbh.