ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent front speakers...?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
they look like good speakers do they sound alot better as well?. i might look into them cant be bothered faffing around with components. they a straight swap daz?

Surely attaching coaxials to the front is a bad idea because they are made for full-range. you've already got tweeters and i'm guessing a crossover must be hidden somewhere. so the high frequencies will be going to your stock tweeters, and everything else to your coaxials, even though they are designed to receive the high notes too. right??

Da

Less
Craig - yeah they are a great improvement. I had some Sony's up front and Alpine's in the rear (don't ask) and to be honest, they were awful! These are a marked improvement, much more of a defined sound with no vibration from the bass.

They aren't quite a straight swap as the standard Renault speakers have a silly plug on, this will need an adapter or similar to go onto any aftermarket speakers that just use spade connectors.

Da

Less
Surely attaching coaxials to the front is a bad idea because they are made for full-range. you've already got tweeters and i'm guessing a crossover must be hidden somewhere. so the high frequencies will be going to your stock tweeters, and everything else to your coaxials, even though they are designed to receive the high notes too. right??

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm totally new to this....

:S

Either way, I'm no ICE guru and wanted something upgraded that was a 10 minute job to fit. My car isn't an ICE den or similar I just wanted it to sound better than it did.

Hertz have achieved this for me with no problems.

lol. i am new to this. i've never fitted something like this before, i'm just going on what i've read. i want to upgrade with minimum fuss, so anything plug 'n' play would be great. i think i'll definitely use the hertz you recommend for the rear, but for the front i want components. i'm just not sure how the crossovers work. whether it's done at the headunit, 'in-line' crossovers (does the 182 already have some???) or an external amp?

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
So just to confirm then, fronts are component, rears are co-axial? And they are 130mm f & r?
One last question. Do you just remove the grilles to change the speakers?

So just to confirm then, fronts are component, rears are co-axial? And they are 130mm f & r?

Yeah all the speakers are 13cm. From what I can understand the main thing you have to consider is the mounting depth..
I think it's 56mm mounting depth as there's a recessed cage type setup in the 182's.

And apparently the renaults have a strange connector on them so you need some kind of adapter. Not sure what it's called though :S
They aren't quite a straight swap as the standard Renault speakers have a silly plug on, this will need an adapter or similar to go onto any aftermarket speakers that just use spade connectors.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
You got it. Pull the grills off and there is 4 torx screws holding them in.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
All cars have plugs on the end of their cables for ease of use when building the car i assume. To fit after market speakers you need to cut this plug off and crimp on some connectors that will fit onto the new speakers. Normally these:

Da

Less
As you say there are already tweeters on the 182 so as for crossovers I'm not sure where these would be?

Clio Sport 172
You really need to amp to get the loudness, but if your just after a better sound you will certainly get that upgrading and powering off the head unit