ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent iPod Dock

cock mobile.
Need to get myself a new iPod Dock, does anyone have any recommendations, must have the following features:

-Decent volume output
-Aux input
-Alarm clock (with use of the iPod)
-Support Nano 4th Gen.

Alternatively I was thinking of getting an amp, speakers and separate dock, but could I then use it as an alarm clock (really critical)?

Cheers.

Nike Lunar Elite's
I've got 2 docks now >

Onkyo CS325 - http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=ONKY-CS325-BLK

Revo Blik WiFi - http://www.revo.co.uk/digital-radio/revo-iblik-wifi.php

Onkyo sounds awesome, doubt you'd find anything cheaper that sounds 1/2 as good but I don't think it has an alarm clock.

Revo is a decent all rounder (I've got the Blik rather than iBlik). Its not particularly loud but as its just used in the bedroom it doesn't need to be. Being able to connect to your media shares, iTunes, etc is a great feature. My only real gripe with it is it's inability to tell the time lol. It seems to gain about 10 mins every 6 weeks and it doesn't display the time when you are listening to it.

cock mobile.
I'm looking into the Onkyo CS325 and 525 they look quite sweet (cheers hydeyho)

I really want the Arcam Solo, but a tad expensive.

I may wait for a month or two as I've got two new tyres to go on, tax and insurance this month, doh.

I defo want to buy something that's decent to last, so don't mind spending more, up to £500ish seems like enough to get me a nice little system.

Cheers for the recommendations chaps.

Z4
Need to get myself a new iPod Dock, does anyone have any recommendations, must have the following features:

-Decent volume output
-Aux input
-Alarm clock (with use of the iPod)
-Support Nano 4th Gen.

Alternatively I was thinking of getting an amp, speakers and separate dock, but could I then use it as an alarm clock (really critical)?

Cheers.

I would go for option 2.

You'll regret spening all that cash on an all in one ipod dock, personally, I think they're crap.

Get yourself a dock, and splash out on a quality amp and speakers. You wont regret that, you'll have room to expand in years to come, and it will sound a whole lot better.

Check out richer sounds for prices.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I have seperaters aswell but the dock is so portable and easier.
Bose or JBL are decent enough

Z4
I was in bluewater the other day in JL, tried out one of the more expensive stations, sound was nice, but lacked any real base and surround at volume, for the price I wasn't impressed.

The docking stations imo are a gimmik, they know people will buy them. I'm just waiting for vacuum cleaners and hair dryers to have a built in docking station...