ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent RS garage in Coventry area?

RS200 Cup
Hi folks,

I need to get someone decent to look at my RS to try and figure out my 2nd gear issue.

Any recommendations? Happy to travel a bit if needed - just want someone honest and reliable!

Thanks in advance :)

RS200 Cup
I've used these guys in Rugby on my old 265 to redo my timing belt service after another garage botched it. Really helpful and seemed knowledgable.
thanks very much for that Jay, I'll try and give them a buzz tomorrow.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Diamond Motors in Long Eaton, Nottingham if that's not too far away.

Heard nothing but good things on here and the FB groups for the 10+ years I've been a member, and he's been brilliant whenever I've taken anything to him.

Got my Clio 182 booked in for cambelt, dephaser, etc later this month too.

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
I'm in Cov and based on my >25 years in the Renault scene I wouldnt take it anywhere around here. i wont even leave my car anywhere unattended for tracking or tyres.

Best I can recommend is my friends garage in Redditch, about half an hour away, Lakeside Service Centre. Ian is a fantastic mechanic and his whole team is top notch.

RS200 Cup
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I've booked the car in to see Mick at Diamond - earliest availability is the 25th of Feb which is a long wait, but by the sounds of it going to him is the best route.

Cheers!

RS200 Cup
All sorted. Unbelievably Mick sorted my issue super quickly - the relay holder that clips on the left hand side of the battery box had come away and dropped down, jamming itself in the gear change mechanism. Thankfully nothing got broken or shorted out - and now my gearbox is totally fine. To say I was relieved is an understatement and to say I'm impressed in Mick is the worlds biggest understatement...