ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent setup?

vaux cavalier
Does this sound like a decent setup?
Front comps, Hertz DSK130 http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8399.html
Rear Coax's, Hertz DCX130 http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8396.html
Amp, Kicker DX100.2 http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/kicker-dx1002-p-6507.html
And a decent headunit, not 2 sure what 2 get yet.

With regards to what???

In my opinion, I would have to say it seems like a waste of money....

Obviously my opinion counts for nothing, until I have an idea of what your trying to achieve....

The above would sound a little gutless without the backing of a sub, the amp you have selected is only a 2ch job which would drive either fronts or rears at upto 25w rms per side, unless you plan on driving fronts & rears in parallel at 2ohm, then it would supply upto 25w rms per corner with no control over front to rear bias....

Assuming you planned on driving these units with a full range signal, due to their lower freq response, (60hz), I would expect a fair level of distortion at relatively low volume on lower notes, (the practice of playing speakers below their lower freq response isn't a good idea), so these would need high passing to protect them from possible premature failure....

Post up what your full setup is likely to be, include your budget and type of music preferred along with how you want it to play....

From this new info you should recieve some recommendations that actually have some sound basis and relevance....

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't bother changing the rears personally, waste of money. If you really wanted to change them don't spend any more than about £25 on a set of type e's.

The hertz stuff is good, I fitted a set of dsk165's to a mates car and they were impressive :) Think it'd be worth fitting 6.5" comps if you can.

Would go for a better amp tbh, if you were going to get a sub as well the jbl gt75.4 I think it's called is a great budget amp.

With regards to what???

In my opinion, I would have to say it seems like a waste of money....

Obviously my opinion counts for nothing, until I have an idea of what your trying to achieve....

The above would sound a little gutless without the backing of a sub, the amp you have selected is only a 2ch job which would drive either fronts or rears at upto 25w rms per side, unless you plan on driving fronts & rears in parallel at 2ohm, then it would supply upto 25w rms per corner with no control over front to rear bias....

Assuming you planned on driving these units with a full range signal, due to their lower freq response, (60hz), I would expect a fair level of distortion at relatively low volume on lower notes, (the practice of playing speakers below their lower freq response isn't a good idea), so these would need high passing to protect them from possible premature failure....

Post up what your full setup is likely to be, include your budget and type of music preferred along with how you want it to play....

From this new info you should recieve some recommendations that actually have some sound basis and relevance....

Ok, What would be a good set of comps and amp to get, as i dont want any distortion? Music is most likely to be dance, drum n bass, hip hop and some rock based music. Budget: Front comps £70, Rear £50 Amp £70. You sound like you really know what your talking about so any help is much appreciated, Cheers.