ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decent side lights?

Hey guys I've looked but can't find a thread for the question I'm asking, if there is I apologise

my side lights have gone and I'm after some which are lovely and white and not horribly blue and chavy!

And the the same for the rear number plate, like the new audis get

danke

E46 M3, Clio 182
If it's a 1*2, I would taken the sidelights out, looks much nicer IMO. Just remember to stick some in come MOT time..

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
If it's a 1*2, I would taken the sidelights out, looks much nicer IMO. Just remember to stick some in come MOT time..

I used to run my 172 with no sidelights... i got stopped one night by the rozzers and along with 2 bald tyres, a small plate and 2 'missing' sidelights i almost got taken to court. Lucky it was late at night and the guy was half decent!

Each sidelight is 1 defect!

E46 M3, Clio 182
I used to run my 172 with no sidelights... i got stopped one night by the rozzers and along with 2 bald tyres, a small plate and 2 'missing' sidelights i almost got taken to court. Lucky it was late at night and the guy was half decent!

Each sidelight is 1 defect!

You learn something new everyday.. I've never had a problem with my sidelights and have been stopped twice with my 3/4 plate, but nothing mentioned.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
That sounds good! Any chance of a picture mate?

I don't have any pics , sorry . But they are bright enough if a car is parked in front of you , you can see them shining . Granted , they'll not be a bright as cree bulbs like Dr Jekyll mentioned , but i didn't want them too bright . And for £2.49 delivered they don't cost the earth if you don't like them , plus you can use them in the interior .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
That sounds good! Any chance of a picture mate?

Just got home from work now and took a couple of pics . Like i said , they're not too bright , but bright enough to give out a little bit of light . The pics are just sidelights only , not with the Xenons on .

20140130_221137.jpg

20140130_221125.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Thanks pal :) ordered some and they've arrived already! Just can't stand the tacky blue ones 17 year olds put in there cars!!

Let me know what you think when you put them in . They're not as bright as the SMD ones that MarcR posted , but i didn't want them that bright . For £2.49 for 4 , I'm Happy :D

Have fun installing the offside bulb , it's a bugger if you have big hands lol . I ended up cutting and extending the wire , noW it literally only takes a minute to change one . Not that I've needed to in over 12 months as they've not failed yet ( touch wood ) :approve: