ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Decided to get a new tv at last !!

well after the last one a year and a half ago i have decided its safe to venture out into the water again of the HDTV ocean.

anyway i need a 37" set as 32" is too small and 42" was far too big

so it didnt give me many options really and tied me to just lcd

options were mainly

samsung 37a656

large.JPG

panasonic 37LZD800

TX-37LZD800ZoomA1001001A08C26B22011C05291.jpg

and
LG 37LG6000
LG60_front_2_LG01.jpg

after reading on avforum it quickly turned out that it seemed like that everyone who had bought a 656 samsung had sent it back due to faults even though it was a great set do i really want a fault lump of crap YET again

same with the panasonic but seemed to be less of a problem but then you just have to get past the looks its not exactly the best looking box out there

so i have decided on the Lg 37LG6000 a brand new set over here but been out in asia a bit longer and thats where i first found it and as soon as i first layed my eyes on it i thought ooh nice :)
anyway it seems to be going down well and it seems to be very reliable only issue seems to be black levels but most lcd's have that still untill they get led backlights

but its a well specced unit
4 x hdmi 1.3 with deep colour
50000 > 1 contrast (marketing bull crap i think)
just scan(exact scan)
24p and 30p
3:2 and 2:2 pull down
inteligent light sensor
and some fancy speaker system and sound processing so its easier to hear voices in films should avoid those turning it to hear voices followed by an explosion that nearly makes the walls shake ;)

LG60_front_5_LG04.jpg

LG60_front_3_LG02.jpg

LG60_front_4_LG03.jpg

LG60_front_2_LG01.jpg

Better than yours. C*nt.
and some fancy speaker system and sound processing so its easier to hear voices in films should avoid those turning it to hear voices followed by an explosion that nearly makes the walls shake ;)

Mate's mum has one of those. It's called a hearing aid you old codger.

Seriously though, it's Normalisation and it's s**t. Turn it off, it'll make everything a whole lot worse, including an increase in 'fuzzy' sound in quiet scenes.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Have heard LG are pony to be honest mate.

I went for a Philips 37 affter reading reviews on AV Forums

Have heard LG are pony to be honest mate.

I went for a Philips 37 affter reading reviews on AV Forums

Lg i agree are usually pony but this seems to be a turning point according to all the reviews

re the sound it says it does something with teh downsampling from 5.1 dunno what lol

Get a look on the Which? website mate.

Worth £1 to sign up for 30 days. I got my tx-32LMD70 Panasonic on a recommendation from there and it's cracking.

FWIW the Samsungs all rate poorly in sound and picture quality, the Panasonics were excellent.

Snatch with DIY mods.
Panasonic are very good. Samsung i dont rate at all. LG are cheap shite.

Ive always bought sony and never had a problem. only other one i bought was samsung and it went back faulty and i got my money back.

Monaco Ph2 172
Panasonic are very good. Samsung i dont rate at all. LG are cheap s**te.

I am not sure if LG can still be considered shite. A few people I know have recently chosen LG TVs and have nothing but good things to say about them. Maybe they are just happy because they were better than they expected! :)

Full Fat 182
I've just swapper my duff Sammy for this

x20_large.jpg

Rate it very highly and blacks are much better than the sammy it has replaced.

Only downside I hadn't noticed before buying it was it doesn't do 1080p Res via VGA for the eggbox.... Will do it via Component but I don't like the cartoon like graphics it gives

B

Brown.

The new panny has free sat!

samsung rose black is crap for quick response games.....apparently, i have seen any evidance but, no smoke without fire!.

172cup
i had a 42" samsung plasma which was real nice until the speakers blew up.

I replaced it with a 46" sharp 100hz 1080p... http://www.sharp.co.uk/XL2-100Hz-Fu...-Full-HD-Slimline-LCD-TV/invt/lc46xl2e&bklist=

... and it is just amazing! Unfortunately, i have not had 100's of different tv's to compare it with... but i would highly highly recommend Sharp tv's just from this. The styling is awesome, and the picture is incredible. I only use it through the ps3's blueray player though.

LG i have always stayed away from to be honest, not just in TV's... but in everything. Just a personal thing to be honest. I always percieve them as cheap.

dk

911 GTS Cab
very pretty;) especially from the rear, only issue I have with LG is that my dad has a 37" and it has bad backlight leakage

dk

911 GTS Cab

I replaced it with a 46" sharp 100hz 1080p... http://www.sharp.co.uk/XL2-100Hz-Fu...-Full-HD-Slimline-LCD-TV/invt/lc46xl2e&bklist=

... and it is just amazing! Unfortunately, i have not had 100's of different tv's to compare it with... but i would highly highly recommend Sharp tv's just from this. The styling is awesome, and the picture is incredible. I only use it through the ps3's blueray player though.

LG i have always stayed away from to be honest, not just in TV's... but in everything. Just a personal thing to be honest. I always percieve them as cheap.
The L in LG stands for 'Lucky', thats something I don't want to be when i buy something, lucky it works.....;)

The L in LG stands for 'Lucky', thats something I don't want to be when i buy something, lucky it works.....;)

yup if its faulty its off back lol not a problem :D
im willing to give it ago

i must admit everyone on avforums is having issues with samsung 6 series sets alot seem to be on their 3rd+ sets

TBh i have learned over time all HD tv's are s**t in one way or another and they arnt built anywhere near aswell as crt's